Saturday, January 5

The Pain of Being A Parent

And I am not even a full fledged one because my kid essentially is my doggie. -_-

If you've been following my blog, you'd know that doggie is sick and therefore is on medication. The first few days it was easy. Lure him with bread and he'd eat his medication guai guai. Today is probably the third or fourth day and he's NOT eating his meds no matter what I do and I wanna cry because how else is he gonna get well!

Prompted me to think back to all those times when we were kids and we refused to eat our medication when we were sick. Parents had to find and use all sorts of ways including violence rewards to get us to eat our medication when it is for our own good.

And that's just when we were sick.

What about all those time when we struggled with homework, when we had our hearts broken, when we fell down and scratched our knee, or bruised our hands, or that time when we had to make life decisions in which we felt so confused and miserable. Parents probably feel double of all that we are feeling and hurting. And yet, they somehow manage to just keep showing us love all throughout.

Parents are, probably the strongest people on earth.

So while we always take them for granted, maybe today, at least just today, think about all the things they have done for you. And appreciate them.

Today, I know I am thankful for my parents. For all that they have done for me. For I am me, because of them.

2 comments:

schizo-ching said...

those medication is it in pills form? if yes then just break it until it become powder form and mix it with his food or something that ur dog loves to eat.. if it still dont work.. someone has to help you hold him and use the more ganas way.. haha.. good luck!

Ai said...

Yup, pills. He's back to being guai again, so let's hope he stays this way, a bit more to finishing his antibiotics! Thanks for the advice nonetheless!