Tuesday, December 31

It's The Last of Twenty Thirteen

And to be completely honest. If it were to end right now, I can say it isn't ending on a good note. Thank goodness we've still got just slightly less than 24 hours to turn the tide around hey!

For startes, a review of my resolutions.

1) I'd like to entertain the idea of traveling to two different countries, Singapore and Thailand don't count.

This is likely the year I've travelled to the most number of different countries in a given year - Singapore, Sydney, Thailand, Hong Kong, Korea, Bali, Thailand. Not too shabby!

2) Some people say, the more you wish for it, the more it won't happen. Some others say, if you don't try, you'll obviously never get it. I'm fifty-fifty. I reckon I'll be fine just as I am, but if someone special stumbles along, that'd be nice too.


So. No one special turned up on my doorstep after all. Ohwell, life goes on, maybe more luck in 2014. Ha! 

3) I am still at a stage where I don't quite know what, where, or how my future will be. So I most certainly would like it if I am able to learn more about myself and my aspirations in twenty thirteen.


I'm still pretty much where I left of last. But a few significant changes would be that I've (somewhat) changed roles at the workplace and I'm rather enjoying the new responsibilities and work scope, and not to forget, I've also gained more confidence in skippering my own crew.

4) In twenty twelve, I said, "Dieting will always be for tomorrow", so it was not on my list. But this coming year, I am inclined to lose some weight and getting to say, 48kg's. According to the Asian BMI, me being at 48kg's would put me on the lower end of the healthy weight range, which is perfect!

Hahaha! Okay, meh. This was definitely not achieved unless a miracle happens later today - by which for instance if gravity suddenly decides to play hooky.


5) Join a class / master a new skill. It could be dancing classes, cooking classes, baking classes, sushi making classes, climbing classes, language classes, latte art classes, diving, Pilates maybe, or even kickboxing. Whichever tickles my fancy. And if I can get a buddy to do it with me, that'd be added motivation to try it.


I didn't quite learn a new skill either. But I cooked some, danced some, climbed some, baked some. Watched more Korean drama therefore picked up a few more Korean words, if that counts.

6) This next resolution is one that I had to think hard and long before writing it down, because it takes on a more serious tone, at least to me it does. And writing it down and making it public would mean that I will have to see to it. #accountability101

I've always felt "insecure" and inferior when it comes to matters about religion, and it is most likely because I feel inadequate when it came to this. Also, overly warm people scare me to death. Twenty thirteen will be a year in which I shall not be afraid of overly warm people shall brave it all and do what I need to do.

So dear friends, those of you who are of the same faith as I, please pray for me. Check on me too from time to time because you know, I can be a lazy bum sometimes.


Yay, I got baptized so now it's my turn to encourage all of you who were in the same situation as I was, or who have yet to come to believe. It was much easier than I had expected it to be. There wasn't any complicated rules or requirements, just a willing heart. If you've missed my testimony, or would like to read it again, click here!

7) Run.... (I am already regretting this) a marathon? But I guess this would help with item (4). It's a good thing that I did not specify how long the marathon must be. In the namesake of staying healthy though, let's see to this lah. Run a marathon.


I did a 7km in May and a 10km in Oct. Both of which were painful experiences, the latter more so.

8) For each of the 365 days in 2013, I am to write down (at least) one blessing per day. There can be more than one, the idea is just so that in the case where some days seem so dark that nothing good happened or could happen, in my best efforts, or that of others, there will be something, no matter how tiny, to be grateful for.


I obviously didn't stick to this either. But every night before I sleep, at the back of my head, thinking about what I have to be thankful for and to be grateful for, has definitely helped me to get through tougher and gloomier days, much like today / yesterday. 

9) To be a better person. I know this is an odd resolution too, considering how there's no way to determine whether it has been achieved by the end of 2013. But it's here to act as a reminder that no matter what circumstance, I shall attempt my very best to do what's right, or at least my perceived right (there's no way this is going to sound correct), but you get what I mean don't you?!


I'm not an evil person, but I'm no angel either - I'm pretty sure I've said this before. And it still stays. In much of what I have done in 2013, I have tried to be more patient, to be more understanding, more accepting, more kind. I may not have been able to keep to it 24/7 all 365 days. There were times where I lost it and let the worse get the better of me. But all in all, I believe I've been a good kid.

10) We're down to the last resolution already so quick! So I'll stick to the cliche - Live everyday to the fullestlove like there's no tomorrowbe a blessing to others.


I tried, and will keep on trying till the end comes.

No comments: