Tuesday, January 15

When Counting 1, 2, 3 Don't Work

Oh lordy. I really do hate the weighing machine. It read 54kg's today. Damn. And I thought I have been decently healthy and cautious of my food intake.

That aside. Uni Live is tomorrow! I am actually pretty excited about it. Sans the anxiety that things might not quite work out as planned. I hope it'll go on without a glitch if that's not asking for too much.

When things are beyond your control, what do you do? When things are within your control, what would you do?

I like the idea that people regardless of who, will see things that are salient to them as 'most important'. For instance, if I were to get married tomorrow, I'd be so excited tonight (or the opposite) that I may not be able to sleep a blink. But if you think about it, me not being able to sleep because my marriage is that important to me doesn't mean that the rest of the world is feeling the same importance I have placed upon my marriage.

Correct?

Basically, my point is, when you're into something too deep or when you feel that "This is too important I can't risk failure", just think again. Is it really that important after all? Will is really cause harm to anyone if it didn't get solved? Will you not recover from it? Chances are, you'll be just fine.

Same thing as how people focus so much on negatives that they totally lose sight of all the positives. If 1 out of 10 apples in a basket is rotten, let it be, you have 9 more to enjoy.

Wheee, enough of being philosophical for the day.

3 things you didn't know about me. If I don't like you, I will show it, and if I like you, I'll show it too, if only everyone functioned the same way. I get toe cramps, sometimes butt cramps too. I watched Life of Pi, and I didn't understand it.

I've been spending a wee bit too much lately I feel.

Okay, bed time. But before that, today, I am thankful for the fact that I've made it this far in life, and for all that has been or has not been, I am glad I am the person I am today.

I think me crossing my toes every time I hope things go well is the primary cause of my toe cramps.

No comments: