Tuesday, March 11

Something my mom forwarded to my inbox:

Last weekend I spoke to a group in Houston and I showed them
pictures of some very famous people.

They included Thomas Edison, Cher, Walt Disney, Richard Branson,
Jay Leno, Whoopi Goldberg, Ted Turner and my hero Winston
Churchill.

Then I asked the audience what they all had in common.

Can you guess?

There were quite a few answers from the audience and they were
all wrong. It was only after I pulled out $100 and offered it
as a prize that a person in the back overcame his fear of being
wrong and volunteered the correct answer....

....they were all dyslexic!

I pointed out that the role that made each of them famous also
required a lot of reading. Do you know how hard it is for a
dyslexic person to read?

But not a single one of those great people that I cited let
dyslexia keep them from being all they were created to be.

That's why one of my most favorite quotes is, "It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not."
I use that quote by Denis Waitley virtually every time I speak
to an audience.

Because it really speaks to the problem I think most people have
in struggling for success --- they believe they're lacking
something that, if they possessed it, would make them
successful. When the truth is, they already possess everything
they need to be successful, they just need to learn how to use
it to their advantage.

This feeling of lack can be directly associated to a low
self-esteem.

And please never forget this, "It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not."

Yeah, I dunno why I felt like sharing this but I thought maybe it's for some motivation and encouragement. So, and yeah, I thought it was pretty meaningful.

-----------------------------

Today's assessment went on pretty okay. At the very least, we have successfully passed level 2 of PSY201. Level 3 will be running the actual experiments, which I'm kinda looking forward to. Let's hope for the best for everything...

Howls Moving Castle has two cute guys. But I reckon the younger one is seriously totally uber cuteness!!

- Little Mark /Marco -

Finally streamed the whole show from two different sites, both in different languages!

So much for now, off to next assignment. No more fooling around!

2 comments:

endless-scroll said...

human, very inspiring quote and post. suddenly got semangat to go the extra mile. heh...

Ai said...

manusia, yeah lah, have to semangat edi lah, kenot take things for granted anymore!!

and thank u manusia!! =P