Wednesday, October 19

Which Came First? The Egg or the Chicken?

I know it's an old riddle but I am not asking for the answer, not today, not in this case.

Just that this is the exact feeling I am having right now. I have thoughts that I want to share but I can't think of the proper sequence to begin with. So this may very well be a very messy entry.

You be the judge at the end of it.

So anyway. Hmm, I shall start with, yes..

I got my HELP Staff Parking Tag today! Now all I need is a car to drive to and fro work. Which reminds me of the research that I have yet to do.

So because of my non-existent car, I sometimes take the bus home which I actually enjoy because I get to be alone and well, be alone for a bit. And walks can be pretty refreshing, when it is not scorching hot. I have this weird issue with buses though. Skip the whole next paragraph if you wanna spare yourself from some bus story.

Like, when it is packed like sardines in the bus, and passengers who are stuck somewhere in the middle needs to get off. Just how does that work? By the time they squeeze their way through the exit, the bus driver would have driven off already! And then you'd think, if you need to get off at the next station, you should start making your way to the exit before you reach your station. Right? But, the bus is so packed that you simply can't move.  Then you'd think, just stand near the exit when you board the bus in the first place, right? But you can't! Because you have to move in in order for other passengers to get on the bus.

See! Valid arguments no? Can someone please provide me with some insights on how to take a bus that's 110% packed to its brim and get off at your stop without having to scream "Excuse me" at the top of your lungs.

And done with bus story. So I was saying, I took the bus home from work and because the bus doesn't stop right outside my house, I have a fair bit of walking to do, say, 5 minutes worth? As I got off the bus today, I realized it was drizzling. Awesome, I thought to myself, chance to use my new pink umbrella!

So I took out my pink umbrella and started my slow walk back home. And as I was walking, obviously I started to think about things, which I can't remember every one of them now.

Of what I remember though...

Dinner with the girlfriends is being pushed back by an hour because we all have priorities, and at least for now, work is priority for most. As my mind was lingering around the idea of dinner, I realized how much I have been spending on dinner since I got back. Dinner on Sunday, dinner on Monday, dinner and drinks on Tues (technically dinner was paid for, so I paid for drinks), dinner tonight, dinner tomorrow probably drinks again... *exhales*

I need to work on my spending too. Have yet to get around to jotting down though I have meant to do so eons ago.

I opened mom's fridge and saw that she had Mango Lassi! So I stole some.

Also, my room, well my closet mainly, is in one huge freaking mess because I haven't had the time to sort out my clothes. It was messy already before I left KT and my laundry incident didn't help either. As I was walking home just now, I was telling myself, "Great, since dinner is pushed back, I should go clean up so that when Ivy comes to stay over tonight she won't have to see my mess."

But obviously, I have yet to get around to packing because here I am, talking to myself, on my blog.

Okay, bye, got to go feed Doggie, pack up my mess and potentially paint my toe nails if there's more time to spare before dinner.

Bye, for now!

No comments: