Saturday, October 8

Day 5 And Counting

Hmmmmmmm.

Is precisely what I am feeling at this moment. It's not quite joy nor sadness, anger nor frustration. Just hmmm. I would have used MEH but some people called me a sheep when I last used it.

Also, apparently, a lot of people have no clue whatsoever when I use the terms 'hmmm' and 'mhmmm' which by far are words that I use super a lot when chatting online. So just to clarify it once and for all...

hmmm = I am thinking
mhmm = I am agreeing

It's Saturday and I am working. But I am not complaining. Haha, that's new isn't it!?

I am thinking there probably won't be consistent PhotoLog's from now on because while I love the people I work with and share this office space with, smiling myself silly trying to take a photo on my computer doesn't seem like something that would give people a very normal impression of myself.

Ha!

I also came to some realizations last night. Putting them down in point form for easy reading.
  1. I am a firm believer of never stop learning but it seems like I have stopped learning myself. I sit on the start boat everyday, watching how people maneuver in their starts and stuff but I never learn a thing!

    How I realized this was when I came back yesterday and Mike (umpire) who sits next to me in the office asked me, So what did you learn today?

    And I simply couldn't answer his question. =(

  2. At dinner, I was sitting with the rest of the race comm, who are all obviously ang moh's. I realized that I actually like being the odd one out, the different one. But then I also realized that being the odd one out also makes me scared. So I am just wondering how does this work out.

    And then, while we were hanging out later that night, I also realized how much of the conversation I struggled to keep up with, simply because they were all drinking rum and Coke and talking really quickly all reverted back to their own accents which I can't quite grasp. Think that short hour drained me more than working the whole entire day.
Hmmmmm. Okay, that should be it for now, I think.

Have a nice weekend everybody! Love lots!

No comments: