Wednesday, April 4

The Strange Moments In Life

I am having a sore throat. And I hate sore throats. Period.

Today is a mix of complexities, good, weird, sad, and bad and neutrals.

A colleague may be getting engaged come October. My best friend from high school in PD is getting married in August. I had 3 rolls of popiah and 4 gaozhi's to myself today. I learnt that madu didn't only mean honey in Malay but it also is used to refer to your husband's other wives in the Muslim culture. We had also tried fixing the toilet door because the stopper broke but it never occurred to us to call maintenance instead. I had to stamp and sign on - was it close to 200 pages worth of photocopied documents, life of a celebrity!

I am sitting wondering if you remember the time when you had bought a rose for xx and I was there too and well, technically speaking, I did get a flower from someone else too. Funny how moments intertwined to what it is today. Then again, I am glad we're all still friends, in some weird way. Maybe in 10 years from now, it'll be a tale that we can all laugh about.

At work today, there was this moment where I asked myself, "Why do you focus so much on all the bad stuff when you have so very very very much to be thankful for?"

Maybe if you had the time, you should think about it too. I know I'll be thinking about it today, and tomorrow, and maybe for a long time to come.

And I got to know about another death today. I really don't know what I feel about it, death I meant. I think I am scared actually. But, people come and people go, and perhaps they have gone to a place better than where they were before, now up there in heaven, watching us from up above, making sure we're safe and taken care of. That's what people say right? Yup, I'd like to believe that.

The reason why I am writing so much is because of my current condition. The more I talk, the more painful my throat hurts, and therefore I haven't been able to express myself much today hence the talking now all translated into writing. Also because I may very well be going on my disappearing act again, I call it disassociation, or detachment if you like.

I wonder if there's a correlation with expressing my pent up thoughts everyday into writing and my well-being. There may very well be. That's why people say keeping a journal does people good. So this break will be more of an experiment than anything. I don't know how long will I be gone for, but we'll see.

I did just get back not too long ago from a very porky dinner with the family at the SS2 mall, I had pumpkin soup and some ribs. See, this is the funniest thing, when I eat, there's no pain! Explains why I had the 3 popiahs and 4 gaozhi's earlier today! Food eliminates pain!

人家生病没胃口,因为我是个特别人类,生病就是我的发胖期!很特别吧!

I've been told that I've got a pulling factor. It's a compliment ah in the case you are wondering! But as far as I know, the pulling doesn't typically lasts very long. Ish. Like all elastic, after awhile, it loses its elasticity. But I guess, better than nothing lah. Or it could be that I just treasure my personal space a little too much, my bubble can't hold more weight than just myself, so as soon as I've pulled enough, I push.. sounds wrong on so many levels I shall stop saying what I was saying. Bottom line is, the pulling factor usually gets me what I want anyway, for the most of it. So this can stay as it is.  

April highlights! Since I am gonna be gone for awhile. Work this Sat, sailing on Sunday, Banjaran Hot Springs hopefully sometime before convocation duty on the 22nd. Is that it for April? Hmmm. Well, I left my diary at work, so I guess that's really it for now.



You Fall for the Guy or Girl Next Door Type





You think that people make love too complicated, and what you want in a partner happens to be pretty simple.
You're content with someone who's nice, attractive, honest, and normal. So how come that's so hard to find?


You are fairly traditional, and you value security in relationships more than most people. It's important for you to find someone loyal.
When you find the right person, you don't expect much from him or her. You're just happy to be together.


In the meantime, can all the guys next door please come out to play? :D

No comments: