Thursday, July 16

Essentially

everyone wears a mask at some point in time. And that mask changes the roles it is meant to play when in a different scenario, in different environments, with different people and at different times of the day.

Sometimes, when my body gets tired, I wonder if the mask is tired too, for if you think about it, the mask works harder! It is forced to play multiple roles and understandably it hardly rests because it is almost always 'on call', except for when you're asleep.

Sometimes, the masks gets so tired that it tells the body, this is too much, this is sickening. What then? Shed the mask and be yourself?!

... easier said than done.

I guess it is the same when you keep things to yourself. One tries to keep things under the covers which essentially is also creating a mask to block the outside from seeing the insides. And while I cannot say that I know exactly how it feels, I guess I can somewhat understand what it may be like.

Pain, loneliness and a constant urge of wanting to cry.. perhaps?

And for that very same reason, I am glad & beyond fortunate that I have a family to turn to when the going gets rough, that I have supportive and wonderful good friends whom I can count on.

So while it may not seem like the brightest of future, just remember that you're not alone and that you have people around you who are more than willing to lend u a shoulder, to wipe away your tears, to just, stand by you. So, don't keep things knotted up inside you.

Sometimes, it is just best to let it out and take the mask off for people to see the real you!

Listening to Chun Feng's disc, enjoyable choice of music, mhm!

2 comments:

edmundfatguy said...

wah...smart you...utilized the pictures so well!!
btw...
wearing a masks...its normal according to Jung.
we have different attitudes towards people around us..
we treat everyone differently..
tak kan u want to treat your friends like how u treat ur mama right?!
hehe^^
but sometimes...try to reveal urself more lo...
then u might feel much more better!!

Ai said...

haha! thanks for the compliment and also for the advice! <3