Sunday, February 3

I was so close to opening the Infants and Children textbook, so close, but I somehow ended up here. Somehow.

Anyway, I figured that I'll post my Wanted DVD's list up here so if anyone happens to read this, maybe and perhaps I won't need to spend $$$ purchasing them, in other words, if you have any of them, can I borrow?? Please??? Arigatou neh~

1. Too fast too furious (Because Paul Walker is so chun.)
2. The fast and the furious (Because Heng says that this is way better than it's sequel.)
3. Princess Diaries 2
4. Into the Blue (Because it stars Paul Walker and Jessica Alba, both hotness...)
5. 27 Dresses (If you have this, it'll mean it's pirated cuz it's not even showing yet. BUT, I don't mind =P)

On a very different note, I don't know if you have heard or have received the email regarding a female HELP student being nabbed right after she withdrew some money from an ATM machine at PBD (short for Pusat Bandar Damansara, the old immigration office).

Apparently, two guys on a motorbike snatched her bag and her bracelet and also injected her with God knows what. I can't recall how accurate my description is, I deleted the mail after sending it to my friends and family but I don't think it's far from what was stated in the email.

It's things like this that sends shivers down my spine all the time. I'm close to being a paranoid freak, maybe I am, but I can't help it. Things like this are happening all over the place, so close to where we carry out our daily routines, places where we used to think were safe may not be so after all, what more now that it even happens in broad daylight.

It scares me to think that there are people out there who resolve to snatching/robbing/stealing instead of earning an income the right way. I have always thought that begging was a despicable thing to do, but from a different view point, I think maybe begging isn't all that bad after all, at least no one is harmed!

Why, just why?! I simply cannot understand. Why must people become that?! Why must they make themselves figures whom the society hides away from? It certainly cannot be pleasure, nor can it be for the sake of hurting others. It has to be for a reason, but no matter what reason/excuses there is(are), hurting others is just not right. Why can't they understand that and get themselves appropriate jobs, earn a living the right way, and be respected by the society?

Is something that wrong with our education system, or is it our government or is it the lack of attention from home, lack of care and love, or is it peer pressure?! I really truly wonder why people end up choosing this path in life, I'm not very well off myself, I totally understand the value of money, but is snatching a woman's bag and probably her gold necklace going to last you your entire life? No. Is robbing 10 other people's valuables going to last you for as long as you live? No.

It seems now that snatching/robbing is not the only thing these people do. They even inject their victims with probably some numbing liquid/anesthetic (if they're kind enough) to stop their victims from calling for help, it could be some drugs for who knows. And there again, what if the needle was contaminated with some virus/AIDS or something?! It's hard enough to lose your belongings but losing your life too?! Isn't it too much.

Poverty is not an excuse. Begging is already bad, but hey, look. There are people out there who don't have limbs or are born handicapped, yet they're somebody! They try to make something out of themselves. And here we are talking about people with perfect hands and legs and definitely a healthier body compared to those who are less fortunate, who are robbing off people destroying lives of others as well as theirs!

I simply cannot comprehend. Really. If I had a wish to be granted right now, it would be that all those people realizes what they are doing and how much pain they are causing others, and hopefully they'll repent. As much as I know wishes are wishful thoughts, literally, I still can't help wishing. In this case, prayer would be the closest I get.

I hope you pray too, in your own ways, let us all pray that these people will realize that they are meant to do better things in life, and that the society is willing to accept them as long as they admit their past mistakes, accept their due punishment, and then start all over again, this time, to be a better person, one whom they themselves will look up to. Amen.

I know I got a bit carried away with the whole issue but I feel that it's our duty to stand up and reach out though I have no idea how to. Hence, the least I can do is speak up/out what my mind says and let's see how this Psychology degree of mine will benefit me and whoever out there in future...

Let's pray...

No comments: