Monday, March 23

Reasons Why I am Awesome Just By Being Me

I should really be doing my Bible study while waiting for the little bro to call me instead of being here and writing this, but I'll sacrifice a bit of my sleep time tonight so that I can pen this down.

I was just thinking to myself, "Girl, you're.. magnificently special!"

For starters, I am the only female Malaysian sailor, who climbs for fun, paid a bomb for personal training, is in Public Relations, studied Psychology, who has a pet dog who loves hiding under my bed. I also happen to be the only person I know of, who very bravely tried jumping over a wall and ended up with 5 stitches on her shin. I also am the only 155cm girl who weighs approximately 54kg's who prefers reading dramas to watching them. In as much as I like the outdoors, I have my fair share of girly moments like painting my nails and getting highly agitated when it smudges and I too enjoy wearing dresses. And while many people I know would not associate me as being anything close to feminine, I love pink, and flowers, and fluffy teddy bears and all things pretty. I also love to travel and see the world but because I also am highly shrewd when it comes to spending money, it takes me a long time to decide on buying that plane ticket. I also completed my entire degree on full scholarship (total bragging rights there), and I spent a good two years away from home back in high school, failing most (if not all) of my Science papers and amazingly getting decent to somewhat good results. I also am amused that people assume I don't know Chinese when I actually can read, write and speak multiple dialects. I also have really cool parents who of course can be difficult when they want to be, and two younger brothers who are really special beings themselves.

I reckon this list would never end. And there's just too many valid reasons as to why I'm special. And I think if you took the time (really, it took me 1 min while waiting in line from buying my Boost juice after my workout), you'll see how you're amazingly special too.

Therefore my friend, if you really have to overthink things, spend that 1 min thinking about just how awesome you are. I'm sure you'll find some pretty good reasons. /wink

On a side note, maybe I shouldn't have had that post workout smoothie. I am on the verge of coughing out some abs. 

No comments: