Sunday, March 29

No Surprises


No Surprises - Daughtry

Ephesians 4:26-32
New International Version (NIV)

26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 Anyone who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with their own hands, that they may have something to share with those in need.

29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

I've been pissy lately about a lot of stuff. Specifically when it comes to people not respecting my time and taking it for granted. It annoys the daylights out of me. And I complain about it a lot to others. I probably shouldn't.

My previous post states that I've plans the whole entire week. Much of it didn't quite go as planned. Wednesday night climb was cancelled because I had to work late. And today's sailing was cancelled too, which ideally is good for me because I'm supposed to get some work done.

We've got this new account that we want to pitch for and it's kinda last minute and our deadline is Monday. I was reluctant to cancel my plans for Saturday to finish the work because well, I already made plans. So now that I'm sitting in front of my computer, my mind is drawing a blank and I have no clue on how to get started. Zzz.

I am in the right mind to just end up submitting nothing for my part and face my boss's wrath. I had better get to work so that I can spend some time running / skipping in the later part of the evening.

I read not too long ago (I can't remember where from) but it said that insanity is repeating the same actions and expecting different results.

I tend to do that when it comes to people I 'fall for'. I think that's me self handicapping myself. Fall for the people you know it'll never work out with, and then when it really doesn't work, you can just use "I knew it wasn't going to work" as an exit. And by that, I wouldn't invest too much into it to begin with. Win - win.

But that's kinda wrong right? Lol

No comments: