Thursday, August 8

The Truth Is


Can't Make You Love Me - Lady Antebellum

I think I have shared this before, but on this hot Sunday Thursday afternoon, this is the perfect tune to be listening to with my earphones on..

Food coma! Just got back from dimsum buffet brunch with the mommy and while I don't think we overdid it, I am so stuffed. So full I feel like I'm pregnant and every single movement is uncomfortable.

Countless times now, I've wanted to unfriend you on Facebook. But I keep telling myself that that's too childish. Who does things like that when they're twenty five.

When someone matters a lot to you, everything they say, will remain close to your heart. And every time you come across something that vaguely represents what has been said, you can't help but make associations.

I much rather live happy than be angry or sad. But sometimes, one needs to know what anger or sadness is, to appreciate how much better it is to feel happy.

So don't hurt for too long. Don't be angry for too long either.

I'll now smile at those associations I make.

Ultimately, everyone wants to be acknowledge, wants attention. It's just how honest one gets to admitting it. Some people deny it, there's nothing wrong with that either. I'm just curious, doesn't it hurt to say something and expect something else?

Least I'm honest that way. To myself and to most people I care about. And when you've played your cards honestly and not get the response you expected, you re-shuffle and play the next game.

The truth is, I can't make you love me. And neither can you.

No comments: