Monday, August 19

Pumpkin Stew

I think I am sick-er than I had hoped. =(

Throat is not immensely painful but there's a certain discomfort there. And my nose is just well, 50% stuck and 50% runny. And I can't tell if I'm feeling cold from a slight fever or if the weather is just indeed cold. Or maybe both. I don't even have my fan on.

But thank God for comfort food - Pumpkin Beef stew! It's one of the dishes my grandad (or someone at home for that matter) came up with and probably it's easy enough to prepare so the maid cooks it pretty regularly..

Pumpkin is probably one of the rare mushy foods that I actually like love. I'm not even that big a fan of mashed potato.

I had a hearty serving for dinner and while it was yummy, I'm still not feeling all that great. Sigh, why do I still have an appetite when I feel sick.

And as strange as this is gonna sound, I'm actually oddly glad to be a little bit sick. Reminds me that I am only human and that I can and will get sick if I don't take care of myself well.

That, would require a miracle. And no, if I had one shot at a miracle, I wouldn't use it on that. Need to exercise restrain. Good girl.

Least I am finally finishing Nineteen Minutes! =)

No comments: