Monday, August 6

Highlights; Pay Special Attention To 8 and 10!

Warning: Long post. If you only want to spend 1 minute here, go in this order 8, 10, 3.. the rest really aren't that important. :P

1. Lost my favorite pen at the Famine Camp. Boo, lent it out to some campers and it never came back. Was a tad sad but oh well, on the bright side, time to go stationary shopping!

2. Really cannot fathom the mentality of "cheap so buy more", "free so must queue up", "popular so must participate", "it is the trend so must follow suit", kiasu and kiasi - in simpler and more commonly accepted terms..

3. Wore my wedges out for dinner with the mom and lil bro. Feet didn't hurt at all! #challenge If I can conquer Mount KK and survive Famine, there's nothing I cannot do!

4. A parcel is arriving for me tomorrow, cannot wait, excited!

5. Big Bang - Monster (the inspiration behind my earlier entry's title) & 2NE1's I Love You.. because I spotted my name appearing on the screen behind them!

6. FitFlop, a good buy or another successful marketing gimmick?

Initially, I had wanted to get a pair because so many people were wearing it. (I know I just talked about kiasu and kiasi at no. 2 but in defense, if so many people are spending a fortune on them, it must be good lah right?) After a while though, I just left it be, too pricey, there was no way I could justify spending so much on a pair of slippers/ sandals. But then lately, so many friends have been sporting them and they've all got good things to say... Yay or nay?

7. Everyone would have in some point of their lives, done something crazy. I know I have, more than once. And more than once, it was something crazily bad, but I've learnt to forgive myself and move on. Have you?

8. One of the few things I took away from camp is that - all things start by taking action, and that is a fact that we all know, but often enough, people forget that taking action starts by taking baby steps. And that's how great things happen.

Have you ever wondered, every single time you spent on a new bag or shoe, or a fancy meal, or a movie ticket even, that RM10 right there, could be an opportunity for an education, for a better living for someone out there? Every time you couldn't finish a meal, every time you threw away something you no longer needed. Think about all those times.. Is there anything you want to do about it?

If you answered yes, click *HERE*. My bills statement comes in mid month, so I will be doing my part after the 14th this month, will you too?

If you didn't click the link above, here's another chance for you to do so *click*. Hahahaha, of course, this isn't the only way to help lah, but the next time you decide to order an extra dish just because you feel like it and end up not finishing it, or when you splurge on that new bracelet/ diamond earring/ whatever-not, please do remember that while we are privileged enough to lead a comfortable and seemingly luxurious lifestyle, let us be reminded of what that amount of money can do.

9. I guess that's a nay to the pair of FitFlop after all. And probably a budget cut on that stationary shopping too..

10. Last but not least, if you haven't already viewed this on Facebook, you can watch it here now.. =)

No comments: