Sunday, December 18

The Answer To Your Every Wish

Is it bad of me to put you in the backseat so quickly, so soon?



I love Celine Dion, she's one of those power houses who always will be. One of those singers who will never fade away as time goes by. Just such an impressive power.

It's amazing how much comes back to me everytime I sit in my parents' car because they always play Light and Easy on their radios. I went for bf with the daddy this morning. Pappa Rich, I am not particularly fond of that place, it serves okay food but for some reason, it's just not some place I'd go often.

Anyhow. We had this "discussion" about what it is like to be in the real adult world, and his conclusion was that I am not ready for it yet, my thinking is too theoretical, too right and wrong, too black and white for me to "fit in". See, that's what I don't get... 

Shouldn't it be that the more you grow, the more you know, and therefore the better you are at making life decisions? One example I brought up during the discussion was, if a person cannot afford to have kids, then don't make babies. 

It's too bad if you're poor, but you cannot afford it, don't have a kid and make your kid suffer. Worse still, it's funny how the world operates, the poorer the people, the more kids they have. Well, the reason to that if you used logical deduction is, the poorer the person, the less educated they are, and also the more time they have so therefore, low education + a lot of free time, what do they do? Make babies. -__-

Anyway, that's beside the point. The point I was trying to make was, be responsible for your own actions. If you know you cannot be responsible for a certain thing, then don't push it. This, applies to everything in life. Of course, there are certain risks that needs to be taken in life, certain boundaries to be crossed and certain limitations to be explored but the bottom line is, be responsible.

Be a responsible human being. We are granted the ability to think, some more than others but all capable nonetheless. 

I don't know. Dad thinks my thinking is too idealistic, likened that I see things through some perfectionist lens of that sort. Maybe I do. Maybe that's what I wish it really was. And maybe that's what I am trying very hard to believe. Maybe I am just too protected, I live in my own bubble, I believe what I want to believe and maybe that's what makes me such a difficult human being to be with. 

I believe this is what some people call being a snob, being arrogant, ignorant and selfish, hypocrite maybe even. Grrr. I admit to being fifty percent of each at least. Points for not living in denial.

Not that I am proud of it... Sigh, I only wish I were a better person. I shall work towards becoming a better person. My promise to myself. Then I can proudly tell people to be better people themselves. Baby steps, baby steps.

I am currently working on a 50 Things List project. Can you guess what is it about? It's 50 Things I Did in 2011. I am now at number 31, will publish it when I hit 50 items. You, whoever you are reading this now, you too should write that list, and when you're done, start on a 50 Things I Will Do in 2012. 

My challenge to you. Accepted?

No comments: