Monday, March 19

Career Testing and A Bit of Everything Else

Hello all, bet I've been missed...

Anyway, moving on. I haven't exactly been up to much the past week but somehow or another, life's been good. When there's less updating here, more goes on on Facebook. #socialmedia

If I were to play the word association game right now, every word will be food related. Chicken meatball, soya bean and now 花生糊。Officially my 发胖期。

Okay, because I haven't updated in so long, I lost the knack of writing in order but heck it lah, not like this is a thesis paper.

I've come to a point where, if I feel like saying something, I'll just go ahead and say it. If I feel like I want to make a comment, I'll just go ahead and comment. Why torment myself day in and day out thinking to myself, should I? Should I not?? How would that reflect on me if I said that? What will people interpret my actions as... Too much thinking, too much wasted effort. Just do.

Of course, before the above conclusion, there was some thinking involved. As a good friend advised, think about what your expectations are before you decide on your course of action. Always know what and where you are headed to. Otherwise it will only be a journey to disappointment.

Hmm, this sounds sorta weird and demoralizing when I put in that way but just try not to quote me literally all the time lah kay?!

Okay yes, career testing. Had to work over the weekend, well just Sunday actually and had some time in between so I kepoh and went to do a career test, free what why not, free consultation some more. Oh crap, I forgot what alphabets I scored in again. -__-

But long story short, my results were easily interpreted as: Cannot sell, so stay away from sales. General lack of interest in sciences so.. anything science related is out of the picture. I don't mind routine work, and I thrive on being organized. At the same time, I have a very strong sense of being realistic. I am most happy when I am able to help others and I gain satisfaction when I see others happy. Problem is, there is this one strong factor that keeps pulling me away from all these safe zones. The need to know what's more than this, "the urge to spread my wings and fly", so I quote my lecturer. So to sum it up, I am the perfect example of a living component of cognitive dissonance.

Excuse me for being wordy. The words had to go somewhere!

My fan is dusty. Come clean it for me. I've got cold feet and hands. I miss holding hands. Dinner with the girlfriends on Wednesday before Ivy goes off to KK for the roadshow cum education fair. And I'll again be on duty this Sunday at Mid Valley.

Ahhhh yes, this is a must, if you have some free time throughout this week, do drop by KPD A, and pledge! "Even if your heart stops beating, don't stop giving!" Free health screening too!

Finally had my facial today. I figured my face really needed to be cleaned by the professionals. And now I am back to being happy because I have got a squeaky clean face to show off. Literally.

And I bought my S2 a new toy over the weekend, it's a checkered puppy, super duper cute.

I can't remember exactly why I didn't schedule any sailing in for Saturday. I think it's maybe because I was supposed to be working on Saturday too but somehow or another, Saturday is free as of now.

Maybe I should schedule my medical appointment for this Saturday, go check out some doctors go and get myself checked since it's part of my 50 things to do anyway, scared like how also it's a sooner or later matter. Hm.

Okay. I think that's enough words for the day.

I hope everyone has been well and I most certainly hope that the remaining of March will continue to be kind and awesome at the same time.

Love you!

No comments: