Thursday, February 9

I Specifically Told You Not To, But You Went Ahead And Did Anyway

Just goes to show how bad you are at taking instructions lah. But oh well. 

I think I've lost the mojo of updating daily this week. I think when my days are average, I just go by the motion and that's it. It's only when there're dramatic highs or dramatic lows that I'll end up writing something. So don't expect frequent updates this couple of days, weeks maybe even.

Shopping at Kenanga with the girlfriends was awesome and fruitful! I got 6 tops and 1 work dress, all within a budget of RM200+. The beginning bit was a little meh, but it picked up after awhile. My take on Kenanga is, don't go there for accessories, bags or shoes, Bangkok trumps Kananga in that area haaaands down. But as you go to the lower floors (top few floors were bags and accessories), you can find some pretty decent clothes for okay prices.

Another let down was that many shops only sold stuff in bulk. Like, you'd have to buy all colors of the same dress design, or you'd have to buy all sizes of the whole range of clothes. Otherwise shop owners won't even bother telling you their selling price. That kinda got me upset because I saw dresses that I wanted to get but impossible lah that I buy 7 colors of the same dress or that I buy sizes S, M, L, XL for just the M dress. 

Then again, it's called Kenanga Wholesale City for a reason I guess. So yeah, that's my take. I'd definitely still go back though, where else will you get 7 items for RM200?! Fly to Thailand just to shop is gonna costs me way more lah right, not that I don't have plans to do that. Teehee.

And this post was pre-written over the long weekend - A follow up on my 50 Things For 2012

Club Med Cherating
  1. Travel to 2 countries/ places I have not been to before.
     a. See above
     b.    -
  2. Submit applications for Masters.
  3. Invest in hair care treatment.
  4. Bake a cake.
  5. Wear a dress once a week (unless special circumstances).
    Status: So far pretty successful
  6. Wear heels once a week (unless special circumstances).
    Status: Failing miserably
  7. Red highlights for the hair before mid year.
    Status: CHECKED

    Red highlights!
  8. Do charity work / volunteer.
  9. Go for a full medical check up.
  10. Keep my hair super long.
    Status: Succeeding thus far
  11. Get a new pair of glasses. 
    Status: I've bought new frames, need to sort out my lenses now
  12. Re-start up HELP Sailing Club.
    Status: Pending phase, doesn't seem too positive though
  13. Use a satin pillow case.
  14. Buy a satin pillow case.
    Status: Almost bought some Egyptian cotton pillow case from Giza at one point
  15. Do something nice for one person (or more) each day.
    Status: Trying!
  16. Smile and say Good Morning to the first person I see every day.
    Status: So far so good
  17. Go climb Mount KK.
    Status: Seems to be on track, paid the first down payment
  18. Get a second opinion on the wisdom tooth.
  19. Drink more water.
    Status: So far so good
  20. Play volleyball.
    Status: Played once so far, in my garage with the lil one
  21. Not use work as an excuse to not sail.
    Status: Getting there
  22. Go fly kite.
  23. Go for a picnic.
  24. Do something crazily spontaneous, like an impromptu trip somewhere.
  25. Try something completely new, can be anything from food to a new experience.
    Status: CHECKED!
    Trapezing in Club Med
  26. Make 10 new friends and remember them.
    Status: 3 so far
  27. Eat more fruits.
  28. Finish watching everything in my external hard disk.
    Status: Cleared one movie - Sucky Sucker Punch, it was a pain to watch, didn't finish the whole show even
  29. Read up on NPD.
  30. Either read and return The Lucifer Effect, or return it without reading anyway.
  31. Only make promises that I can keep.
    Status: So far so good
  32. Quit impulse buying.
    Status: Bought a cardigan on impulse but I think that's about it for now
  33. Do the sailor nails, this! Only at Beauty Base! For my birthday maybe hmmm.
  34. Avoid showering late at night if I can help it.
    Status: Have got to be more disciplined
    Non quantifiable items
  35. Trust more.
  36. Talk less, listen more.
  37. Be more social.
  38. Be responsible.
  39. Be patient.
  40. Take less, give more.
  41. Forgive and forget.
  42. Love, don't hate.
  43. Make time for those who matter.
  44. Eat healthily.
  45. Be kind to others.
  46. Remember that respect is earned.
  47. Be brave.
  48. Do not envy, do not be jealous.
  49. Have a big big heart.
  50. Be nice to people.
Friday tomorrow, TGIF! =)

2 comments:

Seu Foong said...

I like this highlight a lot. from the back... put one front pic laa :P

oh well, you have a fantastic day. .

Ai said...

today wasn't really awesome. but thanks! i liked my highlights too, at one point. now it's just all brown.