Monday, January 16

Writing From The Work Station

For some odd odd reason, being in the office, alone, after work hours, gives me this sense of serenity. Sounds absurd? I know, but it does.

Maybe it's just the whole alone time factor. I, need alone time more than I think I do sometimes.

Today, my alarm didn't ring for the second consecutive work day. So I was late for work. By 20 minutes. And I left my phone at home. Which actually isn't too bad.

Works's been alright, all downs have matched ups so it's all balanced. Tomorrow is my last day in the office until after the Chinese New Year break. I feel slightly guilty for ditching the rest at this point but they'll manage.

People are actually nice. We just need to show them that we're nice too.

There are perks to this job. Like students presenting us with gifts, mostly candies and chocolates and edible stuff. I like interacting with students too. Someone once asked me, what makes me happy? I think my reply was along the lines of, I am happy when I see other people happy.

It's true, I am doubly happy when it is because of me that someone is happy. As in, if it was because of something I did, or if I had in any small way contributed to that person's smile, I'd feel happy. But it's also true the opposite. If a person is sad because of me, or because of something I did, I'd be miserable.

It never occurred to me that my defence mechanism was internalization but it could just very well be.

So, what makes you happy??

Someone said today that there must be students who have developed crushes on me. It's a fascinating idea, one that I had not considered, but yeah, would be interesting to note albeit it being against the rules to date students.

Ate too many cookies today, not enough water. Errands waiting for me back at home, I should head home soon, cut short this whole alone time. Maybe I should leave home without my phone more often, feels like a detox session.

Messed up student names today, so bad.

On the bright side, when things seem like they can't get any worse, they usually don't. Because the only thing left possible is for things to get better.

Email server was down the whole of today. So no work emails at all this whole entire day. I hope the tech department sorts this out quick, at least before I leave for that holiday. Otherwise, I sense angry students when school re-opens after the CNY break.

I talk too much sometimes. I shall be more quiet, talking is tiring.


I hope Monday's been good to you guys too! <3

No comments: