Thursday, January 5

Running Low On Positive Vibes

I don't know if it's me, but I am sure we can tell whether a person doesn't like us. Rather, I am sure I can tell when a person doesn't like me for that matter. And because I am big on the whole I need want people to like me, it only makes me more sensitive to such cues.

The aura of dislike, as I would like to call it, was so immense. It was almost uncomfortable being there. But the thing is, I have absolutely no idea what have I done wrong to the said person. I am pretty damn sure that there was no way I could have offended that person anyway, there just never was any chance to have done so, therefore that simply cannot be the case.

Speaking of which, I had to answer a phone call today. And we do deal some pretty unique creatures from time to time, asking us the most random questions and we usually take it all in stride and be the big person, but today, there was this one phone call, that really annoyed me. Maybe also because I have been running around the whole entire day, so that didn't help either, but anyway, point was...

The person on the other line, was just plain rude. And I would think that if you need my help, you at least be courteous enough and not play the whole it's-all-your-fault game when you haven't even gotten your facts right. All I am trying to do, is help you get what you need, so you trying to be difficult doesn't make it any better and also, if you wanna be rude, at least be cooperative so that I don't have to ask you the same question 3 times just to get the information I need to get you what you want!

My gosh I am so long winded. But it's my blog, so I get to rant, with limits.

But anyway. I think I make good sense. The funniest bit was: ... can you call me now? And as my patience was already pretty damn low, my response was, Sir, I cannot call you now because I am still on the line with you. *silence* 

That was an epic moment right there.

I did call the person back after getting the person the information needed anyway. And the person was apologetic on the phone which I thought was alright so apology accepted.

So, the conclusion of both situations in the above is, don't dislike people for no apparent reason because it makes them uncomfortable. And two, don't behave like a brat if you're going to say sorry afterwards because sorry is just a five letter word that really doesn't serve much purpose especially after damage is already done.

Okay only half kidding. Moral of the story is, mostly for myself to takeaway:

One, don't give people the vibe that you don't like them if you can help it because not only will that make them feel uncomfortable, it also doesn't do you any good.

Two, don't over-concern yourself with what other people think. What they wanna think is beyond your control, as long as you know you've done nothing wrong to hurt the person, you should be alright.

Three, don't be an ass just because you think you deserve to be one, you don't. And really there's no point saying "oops sorry", when you know full well that it could've been prevented in the very first place. All that you needed was to use some of that human decency element.

This is a pretty wordy post. Sorry to bombard you with so many words on a Thursday night.

I probably wouldn't have made it through today feeling decent if it wasn't for the people I work with. Such a strong support system. <3

Met up with sailing friends from Singapore for dinner.. I wish tomorrow could've been a day off, then I can go play in Sunway Lagoon with them. 

But.. I am a big girl now, and I have priorities. So, you work hard, you get to play hard. That's how it is. Plus, dinner will be at some fancy-pancy Italian restaurant tomorrow! Colleagues/ friends birthday celebration! Yeehaa...

It's gonna be a good Friday, have a good Friday everyone, don't forget to TGIF too! =)

No comments: