Friday, January 2

Because I got tempted.

The thought of writing a review for 2008 did come across my mind, after all, it's been a crazily wonderful year. One of the most exciting, by far, I'd say. But every time I came close to writing, I just could never really pen it down.

But then after reading Horny's 08->09 review, I thought to myself, "This is just too interesting lah, cannot miss out". So here goes (not in chronological order yeah, memory not very good nia)...

To begin with, 01.01.08 was spent with the mom on Tioman. Was supposed to be back in KL by then, but thanks to the Monsoon, we ended up extending our stay and celebrated our New Years on the beautiful sandy beach of Japamala.

Then it was Tioman again with the gang, it was nothing but superb lah, we so have to make that a tradition! Travel to a new place every year, even after we graduate!! Because I just love each and everyone of you people.

Malacca...

Port Dickson...

The family trip to Cambodia...

Then there was RLIR. It was
the event lah I'd say. A lot to boast about... too much to boast about. :)

New Zealand, though we did not do well at all, it's the experience that counts lah right!

* One tiny "About Me" episode. I went for the Volvo World Youth event back in 2005 in Busan, Korea. I never really announced this to anyone or gave any special attention to it because I did
worse than terrible in that event.. I came back second last of the fleet of 31 entries. So yeah.

And it was even published in the papers! I have no idea how the reporters got that piece of info but I guess nothing is impossible. Star Metro (Feature), December 11th, 2006 to be exact. You go find lah if you want to. And yes, I do have a copy of it. Keeps sake.

Reason of disclosure? To remind self that it is more important to learn from failures than to dwell in them, and for that matter, to dwell in failures for too long. So yep.

Also, Merdeka Race... It was good fun to have u two come along! This year again okay?! :)

Then there was Raja Muda, nothing spectacular but again, it's the experience that counts.

Then of course, there's also the usual sleepless nights, ERB's, assignments, reports, colloquium, movie reviews... and yada yada lah.

Heng... left to study in the States.

Birthdays and celebrations... One too many!

Dengue. Bad bad experience, horrible! But thank you all once again who visited me in the hospital and who sent me text messages and for everything else.

The Beijing Olympics!! *makes me wanna cry with pride though I cannot seem to explain why*

All the fighting, arguing, waiting for emails, and all that did not turn out well.

Actually working for the first time.

Getting accepted for internship and then later rejecting the offer... :X

Phew. So many things happened! Apart from the above, there's also meeting new people, trying new stuff, starting a club, threading, mani's and pedi's, online shopping... etc. Whether it was good or bad, regardless of the outcome(s), all I have to say about 2008 is that, it's been a great year...

And I am certainly looking forward to another great year, and of course.. many more to come!! Love.

No comments: