Tuesday, March 25

I'm A Little Happy, And A Little Sad

Let's go with the happy first. In life, the one thing I know I am really blessed in, is in the friends I've made.

My definition of friends goes as such - they are people who know you better than you (sometimes) know yourself. They are people who have stopped judging you, because let's be honest, first impressions count, and first impression are based on a judgement, what else would you be calling it? They are people who would call you out when you are being stupid and have no qualms telling you to snap out of it. They are people who give you the advice you're least willing to hear, but you know that they're right anyway. They are people who know when all you need is a pat on the head, or a hug, or a simple word of encouragement. They also happen to be the people who know who is good for you, and who isn't, trust them on this too. They are people who know when you need to be alone and they respect that need. They are people who simply love you for who you are.

And I, as fortunate as I am, have plenty of people like that in my life. But today, this is a special dedication to two very special people. One, decided to adopt a kitten into her house so that I can no longer drop by for visits. The other, would totally call me out on that saying, "Ng Ai Li, it's not always about you!", which, I know is true, but that's why I say the things I say anyway, because you girls always keep me in check.

A very belated happy birthday to you both, and thank you for being the awesome people that you are. xxx

I'm now a bit reluctant to talk about what's making me sad, but not saying it doesn't mean it ain't hurting. Human beings have this collective thing about being I feel. With all the press about our country and its people, and those who are no longer coming home, makes me wanna cry.


Look What You've Done - Jet

There's really nothing we can do beyond what's been done. And the one thing I'd takeaway from this would be to not leave words unsaid, feelings untold, and think that there'll always be another chance. That chance, may not come. So do it now. Say it now.

And that my dear friends / readers, is my cue to tell you, that I appreciate you reading my thoughts, and I wish all of you a happy life. Don't live life with regrets, as long as you're living, you've got every chance to make a difference. To make it good.

And last but not least, I love you all!

No comments: