Friday, February 7

Dear Lord

It's really late and I should be in bed. I've got many thoughts on my mind this night, some more significant than others. But I'd like to pray for my friends today. All of them.

I pray that You'll be there for each of them. And let them know that You've got their backs and that You are always looking out for them. Even when things seem too difficult, or the future too bleak, I pray that they will know it is momentarily. When hurt becomes overbearing, I pray that You will help them realize that pain makes people stronger. And that because You are there with them, they are never alone.

I pray that they'll find love. That they'll find peace. And joy. In their own time, in their own ways.

I thank You too Lord, for letting me have all these people as friends, for without them, I'd probably not be who I am today. Just like how You've made them a blessing to me, I pray that you'll make me a blessing to them. Just as how friendships are made, I pray that they'll continue to grow. Stronger each day.

Amen.

2 comments: