Sunday, June 16

It's Always A Choice. Always.

I had a couple of negative moments today. One included getting into a minor accident with an "aunty" on the road. Another includes having ugly bangs to live with for at least another week or so because my hairdresser thought trimming my bangs senget would be a smart idea and when I hated how it looked there and then, I told her to cut it straight and she almost refused saying that it looked nice but did so anyway except her standard of straight isn't quite the same as mine. -___-

I used to love this salon and I had gone back to the same place for almost 2 years now. But I think after this once, never going back again. Then again, it's just me lah. So I got home, took a pair of scissors and cut my bangs straight. Still looks hideous, but well, it'll grow. For the time being, it's hairpins and headbands, ie, photo below.

Gotta cut me some slack with my narcissism, I had a BAD haircut!
It's worst than a bad hair day because a bad haircut lasts longer than a day!
The crappy thing though, is that my head isn't very hairband friendly. Hairbands hurt my head after wearing them for a couple of hours. Meh. Then of course, there was home-induced-stress as well. A serious question. Am I the only one who suffers from this??

But like I said, it's a choice right.

Sermon was great this morning. Incredibly inspiring. I get inspired easily though, this I have to admit. I keep telling myself, feeling inspired is one thing, taking action is another. Maybe I should start doing something!

Also, I had a good catching up session with the kawan today. Fish head noodles at a local hawker and some good coffee in a quaint little cafe, and some walking about and just being happy people. Love. I am glad that things are looking good for you too my dear.

And, I did two laps around the hill in the evening. I walked though, not run jog. But the effects seem to be similar to running jogging around the tiny park. I think it's the slope effect. Tiring but felt so good. And I smiled at every stranger who walked past me too!

It's true hey, that just the mere act of smiling makes one feel happier. So I just kept smiling and I think I was singing out loud at one point. I think the breeze and the extra oxygen going into my lungs was a nice touch too. Moral of the story, smile a lot + breathe in lots of fresh air, and you're making good progress to becoming a happy person.

And then it was salted egg sotong, spinach soup and fish fillet with spring onions for dinner with the daddy. My treat of course! And as if it needed clarification but I shall anyway, we ate out.

So all in all, today wasn't a crappy day. There were crappy moments, sure there were. Like how I am gonna need to look in the mirror and see my ugly bangs for the next couple of days... I think I can't live this one down no matter how much I tell myself that it's okay. Sigh.

So yeah, essentially, there was some bad, but there were good points too. I can choose to focus on the bad, but I won't (except for the bangs part - which I've already told myself I'll never go back to that salon). And later we're probably gonna have some sparkly wine which was a birthday present to me.

I hadn't expected this to be such a long ranty post. But well done having made it to the end, good on you.

Remember - Always choose to be happy! :D

2 comments:

schizo-ching said...

when stylist decided not to listen to u, then its time to change like me! lol

Ai said...

Ikr! But I hear your new salon is very atas!