Sunday, April 24

2 Years Ago, 2 Years Later

This was the exact same place, same awesome people - well, majority of the same awesome people, some new faces meaning new friendships, yay!

I missed the BBQ last time, made it this time. It was amazingly delicious.

The weather was great, the company was great, the atmosphere was slightly more mellow this time, maybe it's because we're all 2 years older more mature from before. Hah!

To be honest, I was thinking quite a bit throughout the trip. Since Mike created the "If you talk about work you're gonna stay at Silverpark alone" deal, we actually did talk less about work. And that meant more silent periods where I let my mind wander..

The range of things that crossed my mind pretty much covers the full spectrum of who, how, when, what, and why in friendships, relationships, career, future, family, and life in general lah.

I don't know if it's jinx to say this or not but 2 years ago, we had 2 different sets of couples, who sadly are no longer together 2 years later. This year, we have 3 new sets of couples joining us. Ideally, we have another set of couple in our circle of friends, I sincerely believe her significant other would have made it if it wasn't because he's not in the country.

In any case, I pray and hope that these new relationships will grow stronger each passing day, that you'll love each other more and more, and that 2 years from now, we'll have wedding parties to attend! Hahaha. Okay, jokes aside.

With all my heart, I wish you guys only the best for your respective relationships! Amen.

As far as friendships goes, new ones are always welcomed, but it is the old ones that I very much treasure and cherish. Yes, we may not have similar personalities, yes, I might dislike what you have to say, yes, you snore damn loudly at night disturbing the peace and serenity but heck, I am glad that we're all friends, and this I dare say, that we will stand by each other come rain or shine..

:)) People say no man is an island, I cannot agree more. I always say, thanks for being my friend. I hope you know, that I mean it every single time I say it.

2 years ago, we were all complaining about school and assignments and lectures we liked or disliked. 2 years later, we've all moved on in seemingly different paths; some are working, some are still in school, some are very fortunately still enjoying life, one is going for an interview tomorrow! But the bottom line is, we've all got our lives to live. And who knows what the future holds!

Reminiscing can be such a sweet thing. If only I put more weight on the good memories then try to harp on what is not, or was not.

Those who didn't / couldn't make it for this trip, you are not forgotten.

You, are missed.