Sunday, September 27

Diving @ Perhentian with Universal Divers

Hello peeps!

I'm back from 4 wonderful days (Wed - Sat) of diving with newfound confidence that I as long as I trust myself, I can do anything. Granted, with the correct support from the necessary people that is.

After all, that's why God puts so many different people in our lives. It's always for a reason.

I've got the awesome dive instructors and divemasters from Universal Divers, on Perhentian Besar - Charlotte, Ali, Farid, Niko, Gemma and all the helpful and sweet boat guys to thank for making me feel at home underwater and for being so patient with me. THANK YOU! :)

I successfully logged 8 dives in the 4 days, 2 dives each on Wed and Thurs, 3 dives on Fri and 1 early morning on Sat before leaving Perhentian by noon. That brings my total dive count to 12 so far!

Here are some on land photos of the bunch I was travelling with. No diving photos because I've not fully mastered the art of taking care of myself underwater, yet. Also, underwater photography gear costs a bomb!

After a whole night's drive from Kuala Lumpur to the jetty. I was mostly asleep in the car. 
I make a terrible passenger / stay awake driver companion.

All excited to finally be on our way to island "paradise", the haze found its way there too, but it's definitely much much worse back home!

The other two divers I was with who had to care for their expensive cameras (and me). 


Sunset view from Cocohut - where we stayed and dined at most of the time. 
I give them a 9/10 rating for overall experience; decently priced, clean, with hot showers, aircond and fan, and sufficiently comfy beds, make sure you pack an extra blanket if you tend to get chilly at night.

Mango Smoothie yummsss!

Our dinners were mostly extravagant. That's what vacations are for! :)

These meals were all at Cocohut's restaurant.


Trying out the selfie stick! I am tempted to get one..

Group photo!


Overall on my dive trip: Visibility underwater wasn't all that great, and the currents were strong. I still did manage to catch sightings of Nemo(s), a shark, nudibranchs, turtles, a tonne of fishes whose names I cannot remember. All in all, good training for a newbie diver like myself. We all learn through experience no?

I had a fantastic time thanks to the people I was traveling with, the people I encountered on the island and not to forget, thank you Lord for helping me recover in time for my dives, and for keeping all of us safe throughout the trip.

Can't wait for my next dive trip!