Wednesday, April 22

Awake When It Is Bed Time


Awake - Tycho

I started listening to Tycho when I was introduced to him by a friend whom I had a crush on. Ha! But you know what they say, if you're still listening to the songs when the crush is over, it has to be good songs.

I tend to just use Spotify for my music now, which I have to admit, is the best investment I've made this month!

1. I hadn't realize that changing watch strap can be so expensive. Either that or the watch shop in the concourse area in MV charges more than elsewhere.

2. I need a haircut as I've been waking up to bad hair days. 4 days in a row. If I can't make an appointment with Jo @ Jantzen who was the one behind my awesome from-long-to-short-do, I'm considering if I should just walk over to one of the many salons during my lunch hour..

3. I really want to get a new pair of training shoes. But I am also afraid that I'll get another pair which "isn't the right fit". My Asics are running shoes which doesn't give me the flexibility for weight / strength training. My Skechers were a tad too big to begin with, but now they just slide off my foot when I attempt burpees. And my Timberlands have been collecting dust because I've not used them since I successfully scaled Mount KK. Meh.

4. I also never knew slippers were so expensive! I wanted to get a spare pair to keep in my car, because I have a tonne of legitimate reasons why I have never worn my current keep-in-the-car-spare-pair that needs to be thrown out.

5. Today's training was probably the least intense training I've had. Am I slacking off or am I becoming stronger that I don't feel as tired as quickly anymore?

6. I am inclined to think that broccoli is my miracle food. I had broccoli for lunch 4 out of 7 days (and ate nonsense for all my other meals) last week and my trainer asked me if I had lost weight. This week, I couldn't get any broccoli and my trainer asked me if I gained weight.

7. I think I'll go back to microwaving eggs - they're so simple to prepare! There's literally no preparation!

8. My latest favourite stance is headstand without wall support. There's something liberating about being upside down. And being strong enough to balance my own weight. And to know that I'm in control enough to not fall backwards.

9. The weather has been really quite bipolar lately. Please don't rain while I go for my lunch date tomorrow. But don't be too hot either because either way, I don't want to go back to the office drenched.

10. I am reeeeeeally itching to go shopping. As you can probably already tell. But, must. resist. temptation. Especially since my spending capability is limited at this moment. For my birthday, I have a request. Please don't surprise me with gifts. Just bring me shopping, and foot the bill.

Can? x

1 comment:

JKBTS Webmaster said...

Go coffee & toast after a haircut... All problem will just melted away....