Monday, March 11

Would You?

Walk an extra mile so that the next person could walk one less mile?

I realized it's a bit out of context when I just put it that way but I am a little reluctant to write the whole thing but the gist of it is, would you, for the sake of others, sacrifice yourself?

I know the right answer should be "Yes". The rational and smart answer would be "It depends". The selfish answer would be "Never".

I would 98% of the time, go with "It depends". Much thanks to sanity but I do feel and hope that I can slowly learn how to be more willing to sacrifice and to offer help with no condition and not let my decisions be contingent upon outside factors.

Anyway, today (and tomorrow, and the day after) will be a struggle to complete subject files. And the best part of it is that I keep getting distracted.

My mosquito netting is eroding, probably time to get new ones. My room probably could do with a ceiling fan, for better ventilation, though I have survived the past 10 years with lousy ventilation.

The whole no expectation, just go with the flow concept may just be the best thing ever. It applies to a lot of things in life. But it will always get to a point where expectations start to develop, no? I guess that's the scary part. But for now, let's just have zero expectations and go with the flow.

Time for some greens with sesame dressing! Yums..

No comments: