Saturday, March 23

Maybe Ice Cream Too

Nope, there is no way in this world I am letting my day end on a bad note today when it started out so strong.

Work this morning was interesting. For reasons I find hard to put into precise words. But the gist of it is - who knew lending a listening ear could mean so much to someone else out there. It didn't even require me to break a sweat or go through thick and thin, wasn't an ounce of hard work. And yet, simply by listening and not judging, it made someone else's day better.

Life is so much better when I am happy and when others are happy too.

I have always held onto the believe that people who want to be in your life, will do what it takes to get into your life. And people who want to remain in your life, will do what it counts to stay in your life.

If they don't want to, naturally they'll slip away, as time goes by. It's only natural that way.

So I often do my best to get into and then stay in the lives of those who mean something to me. But I also get that sometimes, they may not want me there. The sad truth about life, not everything is reciprocal.

I am a Psychology graduate, not a mind reader. You have to tell me what you feel, or what you think. I (think I) can read behaviors better than the average human can because we are trained to do so, but your behaviors contradict each other. I don't get it.

Also, I am not the brightest bulb, ie, I can be pretty dense sometimes. I need things to be told to my face before I will actually get it. And I told you so, to let me know if it ever becomes too much because I wouldn't  know. In my world, I am just doing my best. In yours, I could be borderline irritating already.

I think this is called getting a taste of your own medicine. Hahaha, for all the times I was on the other side of the fence. Payback time aye?

The not quite facial and the smudged pedi probably isn't the real reason behind all the angst, probably more of a trigger than anything. But ohwell. I'll displace the frustration wherever I can for the time being.

The Croods tonight, that should help.

No comments: