Tuesday, May 29

Eye Candies

(Warning: Today's title does not reflect the content in any way what-so-ever.)

Eye candies in the bus, was the bit of saving grace that sorta saved the day, and then the freak jam behind the Bangsar LRT just killed it over again.

Already this morning, I told myself, "Smile and even if the world doesn't smile with you, at least you've done your part". So that was how my morning started out...

Then it pretty much just flowed from meh to meh to more meh. One of those lacking inspiration days again. I think it's hormones at work though. So lately I have been a mix of angst, exasperation, boredom and emo, what a combo. Living time bomb I am.

Ironic how just a few posts ago I mentioned not being bipolar for a long time. I always jinx myself this way. >(

I also extremely hate not wanting to be alone but at the same time not wanting to be with anyone, anywhere. I know a lot of people experience this so it is by all standards - normal.

But the cognitive part of it irks me lah! Brain, why so fickle! Heart, cooperate with your friend!

Also, there's been a lot of sad news going on. An acquaintance almost got kidnapped, a good friend was 'attacked' in her home compound, a local celebrity was targeted by some strangers on the roads, a car crash out of nowhere; which reminds me, my car was bumped from the back WHILE I was stuck in the freak traffic, but because I have so much fear instilled in me, I didn't dare to get down to check and after a while, I just completely forgot about it.

What in the world is becoming of our population lah?

I don't think it's got to do with being careful, or being vigilant of our surroundings, or be humble in one's appearances and not flaunt our riches anymore. I think it's just scary now. It's just a matter of opportunity for all those scary, evil-minded, and humans lacking moral judgement out there. And this is a highly disturbing factor, for me at least.

While I dislike mean people very much, at least they mean no physical harm. That, I can still handle. But committing crimes is a whole new level, unforgivable at all.

The only bright side to this is that I can tell myself to be more patient with mean or nasty people because at least they are just people who are just being difficult.

I guess the bigger issue lies with, how do we keep ourselves safe from harm in the society of today. We can't live not trusting others, we can't live not interacting with strangers, we just can't live in fear and let them win by terrorizing the streets can we?

But what can we do? What can I do?
If only there were answers to these.

Dear people,

Whoever you may be, wherever you may be, whatever time of the day it is..

Please be safe, please stay safe.

Love.

No comments: