Monday, January 25

Oxymoron


–noun, plural -mo⋅ra [-mawr-uh, -mohr-uh]

a figure of speech by which a locution produces an incongruous, seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in “cruel kindness” or “to make haste slowly.”
- Dictionary.com

I've always thought that oxymoron was a cool word. But it has always been one of those words whereby I think I know what it means but not dare use it because I am not entirely sure of its usage / meaning...

Now I do and so do you (if you hadn't already known what it meant)!

I am now going to talk about- Why How come girls can't seem to leave home without a bag while Boys can go around just fine without carrying one!


Okay, I have to clarify that I truly do not know why is such, which is massively annoying because I for one, am super paranoid about being a victim of snatch theft and what not.

Carrying a bag around town, school, during travel etc does increase the likelihood of becoming a potential victim. Of course lah, no bag snatch what right!

But how? Don't carry bag then where to put everything?? To clarify what I mean by "everything", I will expose everything I carried in my bag today and why I feel it is necessary to carry them too. Just so you get a rough idea of what is "everything" and why we need to carry those things.

Of course, I am not saying that every girl carries what I carry but I like to think of myself as part of the norm lah, so safe to say, most of the things in my bag can / will be found in others as well.


First up, planner / diary. How to live without one? Handphone calenders do not count as they are just no match to the planners in the book form. Seriously.


Second up, house keys. No keys cannot go home. Simple.


Third, tissue paper. I have learnt that girls should carry tissue paper everywhere they go. If you don't, you get weird stares when guy friends ask you for tissue. Right?


Empat, handphone. This one a bit tricky. Cause this one can put into pocket for the most of it.


Five, pencil case. Okay, this one I came up with a solution already. Just bring ONE pen/ pencil to class. Then will have less reasons to doodle and play color color on notes also.


Magazine. This one memang I extra sendiri. Not needed for school one. But if you look at it, most girls will carry a book to read whether magazine or novel, so if so, where to put? Bag also lah kan!

Lip balm. This is the only cosmetic I carry in my bag but it is crazy mad super essential, I will die if I don't have one. Okay lah, I won't die but I will go buy myself one new stick every time because lips get super dry in our weather.


Water bottle. Must drink enough water! And buying a new bottle everyday isn't very environmental friendly neither is it good for your wallet.



Wallet / purse. This one I know boys just put into their pockets but girls hard lah, put into pocket will make us look fat! -_-


Jacket. I already improvise, bring cardigan (sometimes scarf) instead of jacket because jacket more heavy use more space, means have to carry even bigger bag. Guys, I don't know lah, you all cold in lecture hall what you all do ah?


Earphones. Self explanatory lah right.


Umbrella, in case of rainy days..

So that's really it. Now let me hear listen to what you have to say.

I cannot believe a simple lunch (Hoi Dai Ye + Zhap Fan with 3 varieties of dishes without rice) at the open air food court cost me RM5.40!

Is it me or is it ridiculously expensive?

No comments: