Wednesday, December 26

Two-O-One-Three Resolutions! No, Not Two Thousand and Thirteen of Them

WHOOOOPSIE!

Some of you may have read my incomplete draft of this post. That's because yours truly was being a dodo and instead of saving the draft to be edited further, I published it. /shy

Anyway, since a lot of things in life cannot be undone, like this mistake of mine, we'll just move on shall we? The list is not in chronological order, it's just at random.

Now if you please. =)

1) I'd like to entertain the idea of traveling to two different countries, Singapore and Thailand don't count.

2) Some people say, the more you wish for it, the more it won't happen. Some others say, if you don't try, you'll obviously never get it. I'm fifty-fifty. I reckon I'll be fine just as I am, but if someone special stumbles along, that'd be nice too.

3) I am still at a stage where I don't quite know what, where, or how my future will be. So I most certainly would like it if I am able to learn more about myself and my aspirations in twenty thirteen.

4) In twenty twelve, I said, "Dieting will always be for tomorrow", so it was not on my list. But this coming year, I am inclined to lose some weight and getting to say, 48kg's. According to the Asian BMI, me being at 48kg's would put me on the lower end of the healthy weight range, which is perfect!

(If you are still thinking of what to buy me for Christmas, I accept belated gifts, a digital weighing machine would be nice!)

5) Join a class / master a new skill. It could be dancing classes, cooking classes, baking classes, sushi making classes, climbing classes, language classes, latte art classes, diving, Pilates maybe, or even kickboxing. Whichever tickles my fancy. And if I can get a buddy to do it with me, that'd be added motivation to try it.

6) This next resolution is one that I had to think hard and long before writing it down, because it takes on a more serious tone, at least to me it does. And writing it down and making it public would mean that I will have to see to it. #accountability101

I've always felt "insecure" and inferior when it comes to matters about religion, and it is most likely because I feel inadequate when it came to this. Also, overly warm people scare me to death. Twenty thirteen will be a year in which I shall not be afraid of overly warm people shall brave it all and do what I need to do.

So dear friends, those of you who are of the same faith as I, please pray for me. Check on me too from time to time because you know, I can be a lazy bum sometimes.

7) Run.... (I am already regretting this) a marathon? But I guess this would help with item (4). It's a good thing that I did not specify how long the marathon must be. In the namesake of staying healthy though, let's see to this lah. Run a marathon.

8) For each of the 365 days in 2013, I am to write down (at least) one blessing per day. There can be more than one, the idea is just so that in the case where some days seem so dark that nothing good happened or could happen, in my best efforts, or that of others, there will be something, no matter how tiny, to be grateful for.

9) To be a better person. I know this is an odd resolution too, considering how there's no way to determine whether it has been achieved by the end of 2013. But it's here to act as a reminder that no matter what circumstance, I shall attempt my very best to do what's right, or at least my perceived right (there's no way this is going to sound correct), but you get what I mean don't you?!

10) We're down to the last resolution already so quick! So I'll stick to the cliche - Live everyday to the fullest, love like there's no tomorrow, be a blessing to others.

There's no proper way to say goodbye to 2012 because there isn't really a goodbye, everything in 2012 (and ever since 1988) will continue to be a part of my story.. Thank you's though need to be said.

So to all who has made 2012 bearable and awesome, a big warm thank you to you. And because it is a very 'me' thing to say, for those of you who made 2012 feel like crap, I thank you too, because you've taught me resilience and for that, I have learnt to be a better and stronger person than I was before!

I have grown up, haven't I? Wheeeee! :D 

No comments: