Monday, March 1

新加坡

I wasn't planning on writing this entry at all. But people keep asking me "How was Singapore?".

I am tempted to answer, "Singapore was doing fine when I left it". But for the most of it, my reply goes along the lines of this, "I walked a lot", and by that, I really mean A LOT.

***

So the first day was spent walking reservoirs and seeing some rather awesome sights which never in my life would I have thought I'd see. I mean, such places in the country where land is so scarce? You've got to be kidding me! But what can I say, it's true and right before my eyes.

Second day was pretty much spent walking the luxurious malls from 313 to Wheelock and had it not rained, I probably would have defied the law of nature of 'You Should Stop Walking When Your Legs Are Crying In Pain'.

I didn't get much, a pair of blue anchor earrings from the 4 (or was it 5) storey F21 which I absolutely love (the earrings, not the shop because things so expensive - still have to convert to ringgit which is times 2.4 almost T__T. I will like the shop when I earn Sg $$ / any currency bigger). Also bought blue nail lacquer from Nature Republic.

Thirdh day. Spent with Joyce, the Malaysian working in Singapore who is also a someone's darling..

We went to Sentosa in the morning, did some researching for possible future visits. Walked from one end of the beach to the other- from Siloso to Palawan to be precise, because Joyce said she remember taking photos at this tower where one would have to walk across a hanging bridge.

See, I did not lie when I said I walked damn the 7 a lot! Nevermind, if you think that is not a lot, got more walking to come. T__T

After staring enough at boys and men with hot bodies Sentosa, we decided to pay a visit to Bugis St where we did some pretty awesome shopping. Possibly the only place I can afford to shop in Sg without pulling my hair out afterwards when I calculate how much I spent on what.

(still think it doesn't qualify for walking a lot?? Just wait, still got more)..

After shopping, we decided to have a semi romantic + affordable dinner by the Esplanade. Again, walked from City Hall all the way to the riverside! T__T Seriously, thank God my legs didn't break otherwise really fml already become crippled from walking too much on my holiday in Sg.

Take away the negativity - Dinner was awesome!

Picnic style. Tapao-ed deep fried fish in beer batter with malt vinegar from Chippy's plus some Japanese Pizza from somewhere somewhere (Bugis Junction me thinks). Awesome awesome.. to make things better for myself and also to rub it in lah, someone was jealous and was complaining about missing out on the fun. Poor you! :P

Sunday was spent with EVEN MORE WALKING I am so not kidding you! The uncle who is a die hard golf fan /player suggested we go watch the HSBC Women's Tournament somewhere in some premier golf club in Changi if I've got my directions right.

Exclusive Michelle Wie photos! Nah, eat that! Finally I am an owner of a celebrity's photo! Can copyright. *bangga*



It was burning hot and it was packed with no, not Singaporeans but Koreans and Japanese! Seriously man. I was quite amazed. No surprise Ai, the small framed Japanese player took the trophy home lah, not home base also got more supporters than anyone else.

Ai, same name, I was basking in reflected glory for a little bit. Pfft.

If you ask me if I felt bored during the game, I was not bored at all. But damn tired got lah. I can assure you I felt my legs turning jelly at some point.

Golf is actually pretty interesting, might wanna give it a go. Good money leh, why not right?

So that's pretty much. A little bit here and there that I missed out in my recap of my 4 day Sg trip:

  • I tried the MOS burger and the Yakiniku Rice Burger. Nothing to shout about but it's something different.
  • I did some crystal shopping. Apparently crystals are way overpriced, or so I was told. If you were to buy it straight from the suppliers, they actually won't hurt your wallet that badly.
  • Who said you cannot get lost in Sg! You can! I can testify to that! Or maybe I am noob lah but I had to stop to ask an uncle for direction, once.
  • However, I was also approached by FOUR human beings (sadly for me, all were aunties/ females) asking me for directions! I must either have a very friendly face or they must be just really unlucky. T__T
  • It felt really safe to walk around in Sg. I didn't bother to zip my bag wherever I went and I didn't have the constant "look around you to see if there are any suspicious looking human beings".
  • Ipanema's aren't all that comfy as you can see from my plastered foot! Anyway, it's sold cheaper here than in Sg, for those of you don't want to listen to me and still want to buy yourself a pair.

Photos are in reverse order and I didn't expect to write so much like I said earlier- wasn't planning to write about the trip to begin with mana tau got so much to write, so I very lazy to arrange the photos already.

Happy viewing nevertheless!





See the plaster? Walk too much + uncomfortable Ipanema. :(


I look damn fat but it's the only photo I have of us together! T_T

Because your legs look super skinny in this photo!






结束

P/s: Loving 88.1fm!

No comments: