Monday, June 1

The real date is not until the 5th!

Lesson of the day:

Cake makes good hair mask, it leaves your hair feeling ultra soft and silky (although I can't quite tell if it's the effect of over shampooing) but the 'scent', I tell you, will definitely last you a long way!

BETTY SAN I JUST GOT YOUR CARD IN THE PINK ENVELOPE! <3>

So yes, I guess I have to start from Saturday onwards because *ahem*

Saturday was volleyball day at UM and I was more or less, happily basking in reflected glory but there was this one person who seemed really happy the entire day because every time he came to speak to me, he was smiling from ear to ear.

(given his usual facial expression, him smiling so much was really odd, but I thought, maybe it's just the happy feeling from the bronze medal they won at football)

Yes, the person I am talking about is Ben (previously named Ben the goalie). Speaking of which, Jeff was also smiling a lot, so it now makes full sense!

Then later at night, Ivy pm-ed me saying :Hey, let's dress nice nice after sailing tomorrow okay? So I thought to myself, okay lah, no big deal, I have in previous cases asked her to dress up for no particular occasion either.

Then came Sunday, woke up to some commotion back home and then headed out for breakfast with the dad.

Got home, packed bag for sailing NOT SUSPECTING ANYTHING as yet.

Then Ivy came into the room, random chat while I continued packing. Then Mike came and knocked on the door and said "Ey, today Kevin driving, need to pass something to his friend".

SUSPICION BEGIN HERE!

But still, never mind. Then when I was about to step out of the house, the dad asked : What time are you coming home tonight?

(whoah, major giveaway cause he normally doesn't ask at all!)

So when I got into the car, I almost immediately said "Eh, today I got party is it?"
The reply "No lah, you suspect what? U think too much already lah!"

Thus started the trio's ( Mike, Kevin and Ivy) lying series all the way to the club, all the while sailing, and all the way 'home'.

I even asked when sailing "Eh, so tonight I really got no party ah?" Someone, I cannot remember who, replied saying "Sail lah you, racing also think so much!''

Side note: Sailing really sucked yesterday! I was furious, 'why couldn't we perform'. But I am sorry for the foul language and the screaming. That aside, I pushed Kevin into the water yesterday. Sorry for that too! After all the 'hard work'!

So yeah. If it wasn't for the final LIE by the dear beloved Sharon Kong, I would have suspected all the way home. But no, her very real yet totally fake lie killed my suspicion almost totally.

Then also the phone call from the mom just as we were leaving the club, "You joining us for dinner?"
I said "No", thinking about Sharon Kong's FAKE problem.

So after stopping at Mc D for ice cream in Port Klang and after overhearing the phone call conversation between Mike and a particular someone who got lost in Cheras and mentioned Carrefour - which I later found out was Ed (and girlfriend, Veen), I slept all the way 'home'.

When I woke up next, I asked Ivy, "Where are we ah?"
She blankly told me "Orh, having dinner at Kev's mom's place."

So, Kevin turned into the back lane, remind you, no more suspicion already here, all thanks to the liar, ah Kong. Got off the car, then saw a Secret Recipe cake box in the kitchen, still did not raise any suspicion at all because Kevin so spontaneously said "Which customer got birthday today?"

I even happily said Hi! to his mom who also obviously already knew what was going on.

When I entered, wah lahh! Surprise surprise. The rest is history lah! The whole 'cake on hair and then floor story' I will skip.

But yes, it sure was a surprise and thank you all for making it a great one, love muchie! Not going to list down names lah, but those who came, those who couldn't make it, those who didn't know about it but wished you were there too while reading this, all the same, thank you!

Then again, the real date is the 5th of June which is.. 3 and a 1/2 days from now! :)

4 comments:

Gallivanter said...

Cake a good hair mask? Really??

Prissy said...

Happy "be early" (if there's such word) birthday Aili!

p/s: wished i could be there on Sunday for the surprise party! haha.

Unknown said...

I wasn't there :(
told you I couldn't make it earlier and also told you that you have other friends!!!

I'll totally make it up to you okay, when I'm freeee!
But promise me when I call you out, you MUST COME OUT!!

Ai said...

Prissy! Thanks!

Betsy! Yes, WILL DEFINITELY COME OUT! :)