Thursday, October 9

The Withdrawals Are Serious With This One

So I am back from Bali with a nasty sore throat. It really hurts. =(


Here's a random photo of me at one of our dinner choices in Bali - Warung Wahaha. Noms! It was scrumptious, and frankly, quite well priced too (having checked my credit card bills this morning with the confirmation after the conversion rate).

On a sidenote: I always wondered why restaurants would put what ended up on our dinner plates as their mascots.

I believe this trip made me love Bali a lot more than the last trip I had. Perhaps because this time, we decided to stay put in one place and not do the touristy thing of trying to see the whole of Bali and get stuck in tortuous jams. We did get scammed by one of the taxi drivers to dinner though, I hope he lives well with the money he got off us. I mean so, in the sense that I hope he's not using that money to do drugs or buy cigarettes but instead to send his children to school or to buy them a nice meal or two. One can only hope.

What did I do this time, you may ask? We took surfing lessons and had a great session with our instructor from Odyssey Surf School, we had our daily foot reflexology massage at this place which I can't recall its name, we ate good food and dined at some really pretty places including The Deck followed by drinks at Potato Head Beach Club. And we stayed at the very orangey themed Harris Hotel Raya Kuta which is a bit of a distance to the beach but I guess that's how we managed to stay within the budget for accomm. They do have the most comfy beds and pillows though!

All in all, I loved the surf session, which was meant to be the highlight of the trip anyway, I wished we had the energy and determination to go back the second day but alas, we just couldn't get ourselves to. Saving it for a "next time" for sure.

In the meantime, I need a replacement throat.

No comments: