Monday, July 28

An Update

Ola! I seem to have been out of it for a bit, I meant with updating the blog. In any case, I figured it's time to provide a slightly-delayed mid year update on my 2014 resolutions.

Let's go!

1. Shopping ban. I am putting a ban on buying new clothing for the entire 2014 - no new shoes, new tops, new jeans, no new earrings / rings / necklaces etc, unless the situation deem it completely necessary. Gifts for others are a different story.


I've been a tad naughty with this one. The record so far is - 1 pair of wedges, 1 pair of sneakers, 1 pair of pumps. 1 pair of jeans, 1 dress, 1 (if I may add, cheap) top (bought in Samui), 1 Airism camisole, 2 exercise shorts, 2 sports bras, 2 pairs of bikinis, 1 aztec top (that was from the same online store with the bikinis). And this is excluding my purchases while in Japan, but that don't really count - 2 work tops from Uniqlo, 1 Snoopy sweater, and a scarf. In my defence, most of what I got in Japan was really to keep my freezing ass warm.

2. To travel to 2 new places that I've not been to before. Calling all travel buddies!

Checked! Philippines in March for sailing, Japan in April for holiday, Koh Samui in May for sailing.. Maybe more end of the year hey!

3. To be vegetarian and/or pescetarian the first week (7 days) of each month. This is mainly to lead a healthier lifestyle. This means I'll be meat-free for my birthday this year too, party planners please take note!

I cheat on this sometimes. Like, maybe twice. Or three times. Let's just make that 5 times. But all in all, if you think about it, I would have pescetarian for 49 days in total now..

4. Read more. And Dramabeans don't count.

I've finished (unfortunately) only 3 books thus far - David and Goliath, The Social Animal and my latest being Three Cups of Tea.

5. Be more watchful of my expenses. To jot down as best as I can all my expenditure daily.

=(

6. Work towards a promotion at work, or in other words, be open to any career advancement opportunities, and be proactive while at it.

Well..

7. To spend at least half an hour each day to do quiet time. If due to unforeseen circumstance I happen to skip a day, it shall be replaced within the same week.

=(

8. To get a full medical check up.

Done. Healthy as a horse!

9. To learn a new language, or a new skill. And in general to be open to new adventures and ideas.

Hm, I like to think I've been rather open to new stuff this year. =)

10. To be kind, patient, forgiving and thankful. Always!

Sorta kinda? =)

No comments: