Monday, May 6

It's The Rain I Tell You

The radio is playing If I Lose Myself by OneRepublic. I like this song. But today, a different tune comes to mind.


Shooting Star - Owl City

"Brighter than a shooting star, so shine no matter where you are" - the last time I had a conversation about this song, it was with someone who said this song is very saccharine. I don't remember giving a response to that then. But I like it that it is, I like it that it is saccharine.

Scottie the doggie has been super manja. Maybe because he's still recovering, or it could be that he is just his usual lacking of attention self. He cuddles up to me the moment I sit down next to him, almost as if asking to be patted on the head and asking for someone to tell him that he'll be okay.

Sometimes, humans are like that too, no?

With the general elections over, there's still much talk about it. About how dirty the process was, about how people defended their respective stations, about pretty much everything and anything that could possibly be discussed. And there seems to be a huge majority of people who are working towards a re-election, or something of that sort.

Where do I stand in the midst of all of this? I am not too sure. I am sad of course. Angry, that too. Frustrated, definitely. That said, some things I do agree with, some things I don't.

I am proud that the people has proven that change can and will happen. I am not proud that some people resorted to aggression whether it was justified or not. I am happy that people stood by what they believe in, I am not happy that the elections were not done in the cleanest and most transparent manner. The lists goes on. I bet you have your list too.

At the end of the day, I say this. Dear all fellow Malaysians, stay strong, stay united and let's be the best we can, in all that we do. Nothing more, nothing less. Hahahaha, and as if on cue, the radio plays..


People Like Us - Kelly Clarkson

The rain makes me think weird thoughts. Rather, the rain makes me reflect upon life in a way I don't usually do.

Up until today, I can't tell if I like rain or if I hate it. 

No comments: