Friday, January 21

It's Not Emo, It's Self Reflection

I remember posting something along the lines of, "I must be doing something right... even if I am not aware of it".

Because why?

If I were to evaluate myself, I'd think I don't deserve a whole lot of things.

I tell people I am nice, I tell people I am good, I blurt out a whole load of self praise as if I am reading a script... Who doesn't! But fine, it's primarily because it's my nature, I was born narcissistic. And so are my brothers.

The result of self reflection though is that, who am I kidding!

I can't be good if I am doing something against my own conscience.
I can't be nice if I am doing things expecting something in return.
I can't be good if I know what I am doing isn't right but I still continue doing it.

You get the gist of it right?

Mmhmm...

So there. I don't believe I deserve a lot of things.

But because despite my own belief, people still love me for who I am and they see the good in me that I sometimes don't see in myself. For that, I thank God for them and I thank God for me.

It's about time to do the right thing.

2 comments:

tommay said...

Yeah ! Be a lady ! Do the right thing!
:p

Ai said...

Are you tommay or tommie now? Don't keep changing name leh.

1) I am a lady.
2) Doing the right thing, easier said than done.