Saturday, May 10

I received the AdSense confirmation email few days back, but hm.. still no ads yet. Oh well.

Hm. This morning was what I would say, a real hurry. Haven't quite gotten use to not hitting the snooze button everytime I wake up. How? One more day of holiday left. =(

So yeah, was meant to be at Uni by 8 in the morning but when I eventually got off the bed, it was 7.55. And it was at 7.55 that I realised it was 7.55 already. So dead. Quickly sms-ed a friend telling her that I'd be slightly late. Brushed teeth and grabbed two slices of bread and my water bottle, took the car keys and off I went.

Arrived uni by 8.10am or so. =D
Benefit of living close to Uni.

Was due for a World Vision thingie at Kuala Pilah. Main purpose was to visit this Shemariah Home and interact with the kids there. Ah, massive massive jam on the highway there, trailer accident or something. Took us 3 hours plus just to get there. Horrible.

But we did have our fair share of fun in the van. 'Mind' games. Woh, I've never really appreciated the Singaporean sailors this much but yeah, owing to them, I kinda knew most of the games we played and didn't quite share the slightest bit of feeling not-so-smart along the way. Hah!

Hm. When we got there, it was performances by the kids and some activities lah. Won't elaborate much cause no1, I don't have any photos & no2, I dunno if it's me or what.. but, what else can you do at a shelter home that's out of the ordinary?!

Well, I'll talk about what I learnt and felt instead lah.

For starters, Miss Malaysia 2007, Deborah Henry was present. With Sam from 98.8fm. We all agreed that Deborah was downright pretty. Like really pretty pretty! Wait till I get my hands on the photos lah.

Yup. So apart from being so close to celebrities, I think the other amazing thing was that I actually kinda enjoyed myself. For the most of it, the kids couldn't catch was I was saying, neither could I engage in a proper conversation with any of them there.

I think it's more of the realization that people do appreciate it when others care. And because I have not exactly done anything for others out of pure wanting to do so. For the longest time I can remember, the last thing I did was to either please others or to fulfill something in return. Eg: working.

So finally doing something for someone else and not wanting / expecting anything in return was something refreshing to begin with. Yup. So utilitarian-ish!

The team members were a bunch of great people too. Am not saying this cause we're all from HELP but it is a matter of fact. Period.

Hm. Got home, spent some time in front of the tv, helped Heng wash the cars in the garage. Still dressed in the crazily over sized Psych Dept T-shirt and am to head out for dinner soon. Probably only shower when I get home lah. Hee~ I stink.

The dad's coming home tmr, and it's his birthday.
Tmr's also the mom's day.
Tmr's also the last day of the holidays.

Random note: I don't know why I tend to do things and only think about them after the event has taken place.
Note to self: Use the brain before, not after can?!

Ugh. So many things to do, so little time.

No comments: