Tuesday, February 10

Love Is

My nose is freaking itchy. And my face has been invaded once more by what I can only describe as unwelcomed guests. My room has been invaded by mozzies. I'm (somewhat) sleep deprived. I haven't been working out for 3 days in a row. I ate too much for dinner last night. I haven't been as supportive a friend to many of my peers as of late. And if I were to go on, I'd be able to find many many more faults..

It is easy to get bogged down by all the negativity. And I'm not even talking beyond myself as a person. I am tired of feeling sorry for myself. And only I can change that. And only when I am capable of being strong can I then help others. Or at least be of use to people. 

So, today, instead of focusing on what's not right, I'm going to do the exact opposite.

1. Checking your email to see that your friend has sent you the entire OST of the drama she has zero interest in watching.

2. Your ex-class monitor sending you a personal text to find out when you are available to attend the high school class reunion dinner and you subsequently realizing that the date has been changed so that you now can make it to the reunion.

3. Being respectful towards family when you disagree with their opinion but by refraining from retaliating in an unkind manner.

4. Sending a "I don't want to get out of bed" text to your friend, to receive a reply that hits all the right notes.

5. This tune.

Auditory Hallucinations - Jang Jae In feat NaShow

6. Being disciplined enough to squeeze in a mini workout, no matter how short it was.

7. Coming home hungry to see 3 nuggets left on table, just the right amount of supper snack.

8. Just being able to be here, now, in this moment. To make things a little bit better, not matter how small, or how great, but to being able to.

Is love.

No comments: