Wednesday, February 4

Hello February


I wanted a pink "Hello February" that didn't include little hearts, but a simple google search left me with the above as my best and quickest option. On that note, GOSH, IT IS FEBRUARY ALREADY!

I know I haven't been posting regularly (duh), but it's also because of the fact that I don't have as much traffic anyway. I totally track my readership if you don't already know. And I've been busy with work, the long weekend, and catching up on Dramabeans finishing my latest book purchase, Paper Swans - which I've just finished reading, which explains why I am back. For awhile.

I do suspect that this post is going to be somewhat of a verbal diarrhoea (diarrhoea being a word I never learnt how to spell despite my best efforts), I'll try to make it as reader friendly and keep things interesting, so soldier on if you're with me.

1. At some point within this post, I am gonna get up from my seat, walk to the kitchen and make myself a nice cup of tea with milk. And this reminds me that I'm out of Earl Grey.

2. The parking meter confuses me. Twice have I overpaid for parking when I deliberately counted my coins in the car before I walked to the meter to slot them in in exchange for my parking stub. But anyway.

3. My maid attempted to give me a compliment, which would otherwise have made me really happy if for the fact the she actually did see me. Except that it totally backfired when she claimed to have seen me at the mamak earlier while she was with her friend who proceeded to comment that the "Amoi itu sangat cantik".

4. I just peeled of my mask to realize that it smells kinda funky. (-__-) I really do not want to wash my face again.

5. Working out is really getting me worked out. I like the idea of becoming strong, through proper and regular exercising, but why the heck am I constantly hungry. And let's be honest, there's only so much healthy snacking you can do before you get so fed up at your still growling stomach and you eventually reach for the biscuits, chocolates and whatever else.

6. I keep getting this itchy sensation all over and I keep scratching. It's not that I've developed rashes or anything, but I quite literally keep scratching. At one point, I thought it was because my room had accumulated dust and I was getting sensitive, so I cleaned it out. Nope, still itchy. And then I realized that I'm still itchy when I am out. My nose in particular, is itchy all the time. If this is all part of the hormonal changes that comes with age, I finally understand why women hate aging.

And it is at this point that I decide it's time for my cup of tea.

7. And I return to my room with my cup of tea feeling rather disappointed with myself for forgetting to wash the doggie's waste tray after dinner earlier which I had gobbled down my esophagus because I was madness hungry. And proceeded to burn my tongue in the process too.

8. Have I also mentioned that I am aching all over from my personal training session with One on One Fitness yesterday morning? I swear I hate their scale - it basically produced a reading that was beyond my estimation and had also showed that my fat percentage was above the norm. What in the what. So I pushed myself a little more during my session and at some point, I am sure I tasted my breakfast in my throat.

The guilt of not washing my doggie's tray is getting to me so I'm gonna take another quick break to tidy it and come back to complete this.

9. I really wished my writing was good enough to earn me some extra income, and perhaps (if I count my lucky stars) it will someday be good enough to take me places. That'd be a dream come true.

10. People say first love's will always be the most unforgettable? I'm inclined to believe it, not in the "I wished it had worked out" manner, I'm pretty sure I'm over it. Though, however strange it may be, a big part of me can't help but get jealously annoyed when I see him liking none other than my own friend's posts. I mean, you were foremost my friend. Could it be that I'm just curious how we ended up drifting so far apart, I suspect I know why though. Ha. Youth and stupidity does go hand in hand.

11. My daddy has graciously bought me my very new PINK NOTE 4, which despite my excitement, will only be arriving after the Chinese New Year, what is a little delayed gratification though. I can wait.

12. I guess, some of my readers, if not all, are curious about how I am adapting to my new workplace. And I am not sure if I want to go into much depth about it yet, but I'll let you in on this bit. I was debating if I should clean my turquoise manicured nails before I went back to the office this morning, but they were so pretty I decided to just wing it and went to work without removing the polish. And at some point during the day, I had simply forgotten that my nail color was something I had been concerned about and when I went to pass a document to my ladyboss, she actually commented that it was her favourite color! So I guess colorful nails are a green light in the office, perhaps not when I have meetings lined up though. Note to self.

13. Also, twice have I managed to ask, "And you are?" to the big bosses/clients. HAHA! To be fair, under normal circumstances, my bosses and senior would do the formal introductions. But those were the few times I got isolated from the group and so happened to stumble unto the people who are technically the ones who are writing the cheques, sorta kinda. Unprofessional max.

14. Warm fuzzy feels are when I read a drama recap and come across a scene that makes me swoon. And I make a mental note that it doesn't even have to be super romantic, or grand. The simplest and smallest gestures often accounts for the most swoon worthy moments.

15. Also today, I heard of the passing of an ex-colleague. She was one of those whom I genuinely liked for I felt that she was really down to earth. And sweet. Lupus was apparently the cause. I thank God for having met her, and as it is whenever I hear about death these days, my default response (to myself and to others) is that, at least they've gone to Heaven. I'm not sure if I'm being naive to say that to everyone, but I think I really want to think so.

16. I haven't climbed in a long long while. I really should go back soon.

17. I also think I haven't been drinking enough water lately. I tend to only get thirsty when it is time for bed and because I think if I drink water before I sleep, it'll be water retention and it'll make me bloated the next day so I just go to sleep thirsty. That's not healthy though is it?

18. I fall fast, and hard. And then I fall out of love equally fast. My friends all say that it's because I'm always just infatuated with the idea of the particular person, which I can't really deny since it's always been true. I am just thinking that it's about time I learn to find a healthier balance.

19. The world is a cruel cruel place. I find much fault with that statement. I think the world is a pleasant place. The people are the ones making it ugly and painful. Everyday without fail, now that reading the news is a part of my work, I see news that I rather not know about. Obviously, ignorance isn't quite bliss at this point. Sometimes, I do wonder, Where is God in all of this, why is He allowing all this to happen. And why are people doing this to one another? How is killing an innocent person(s) the path to greater good? How do people buy into such a believe? It all seems just bloody ridiculous to me. All too strange and difficult to comprehend.

20. I'm reminded of The Lucifer Effect, a book which I tried to read many many times, but have not succeeded in actually finishing it. Maybe now's a good time to pick it up again. I wonder if it'll make me lose hope in humanity, or gain a better understanding about why things are the way they are. And if there's still hope for humankind.

21. I am getting tired, and feeling sad about the tone and direction this post is going. It wasn't intended but I guess it is on the forefront of my thoughts. It's hard to ignore it when it's so blatant. I've always been the type to avoid confrontation and would prefer to just live in my cozy bubble. Something tells me I'm still just that. Don't burst my bubble just yet, I don't think I'm ready.

Let me be my selfish self, until I no longer have that luxury, which will be when exactly?

I'm just gonna leave you all with this song, that I had playing in the background. Which resonated with me somehow.


I'm Coming Your Way - Jared Anderson

And that's a wrap, have a pleasant February y'all! x

No comments: