Sunday, December 28

Dedication To Our Nation


Safe & Sound - Taylor Swift ft The Civil Wars

Our country has been hit with several devastating incidents this year. With three aviation related crisis that took many lives, not to mention those left behind to deal with the grief. And with the flooding that is currently affecting thousands of lives.

It's a lot to stomach for us as a country and while I often joke about my country and sometimes even ridicule about this land with others, all the above really has nothing to do with the administration of the country. They were natural disasters, and accidents that no one would've hoped for. Sure, things could've been or can be, handled more effectively, the bottom line though is, it is not the fault of Malaysia that planes go missing, or gets shot down, and that people are robbed of their homes because of the torrential downpour. Or is it?

And where do we stand as a citizen in the midst of this all? I know I am sitting comfortably in my room, typing this out word for word on my laptop while drinking an iced cold Sprite. So I write about things, and I express how I feel, and list expected behaviours, but am I doing anything about it myself? No. So I too, am guilty as charged.

Will I do anything about it then? I don't know. Truth be told. What can we do? To help out with the flood relief efforts, you can check out these alternatives. As for the rest, our prayer goes out to them.

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

No comments: