Tuesday, May 13

Let's Go Ride A Hot Air Balloon

I feel kinda strange. Almost like I am sick. And I better not be. Because that would totally suck.


Am feeling kinda sad that I can't join the boys in Hong Kong now and in Korea later in June. Boo. I was just thinking how it works - I may feel disappointed and upset that because of work commitments, I am missing the opportunity to do certain events and by that I am forgoing my chances of participating in the Asian Games (sorta kinda). To me, of course that's a big deal. But to others, why would they care?

Guess it applies to every situation in life, and to you, to me, to my dog, to the person on the street, to the person at the other end of the world. Nobody really needs to know the implication of events in your life as long as it doesn't affect theirs.

I am making it sound like it's a bad thing but that's really not my point. The point I am trying to make is that, we live our lives wanting the best for ourselves, not for the person next to us. And that's a fact of life.

It does sound kinda bad after all hey..

Well, the takeaway from this would be that, as we live our lives the way we want it to be, as we do the things we do because we feel it is the right thing to do, let us not be discouraged when it doesn't turn out the way we expected it to be. So long we've done what we can. And if it was a bad decision, learn from it. If it helped someone else in the process, be happy that though you didn't get what you want, you helped someone else.

And if you did get what you want, be thankful. Be very thankful. Because there could've been so many other ways it could've gone wayward.

So today, for all the right and good that has taken place in my life, thank you Lord, and everyone of you who has played a part.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a fake. You go on and on about being kind and grateful in your blog but you're not like that in person. At all.

Looking forward to your transfer.

Ai said...

Gee, I'm not sure what I did to you, but it sure seems like I've done something bad / wrong.

I do agree that I'm not always grateful and kind, which is all the more the reason why I keep repeating it to remind myself to be that way.

I kinda want to say an apology, but at the same time, I'm not sure what am I apologizing for, and to whom, so I'll save it.

Not sure what transfer you're referring to though.