Tuesday, November 19

That Girl, Who Is Me

Pretty sure I've got some residue of a splinter still in my foot which is slowly growing into a bigger bump each day. T__T

I should prolly have it checked at the clinic one of these days. Scared!

Finally went to Betty's Midwest for nommies! So much yums, that's also partially because I was deprived of well, non-halal food over the past 5 days since I landed in KT for the Monsoon Qualifiers (which they now call the Liga Layar Malaysia, Malaysian Sailing League if you wish).

The qualifiers in itself is a story, but I'm not going to bore you readers with details of my sailing technicalities, but for summary, it was good fun, and I learnt, a whole damn lot. We came back 6th of the 7 entries. We sailed a total of 15 races and we won 5 out of the 15 matches, which isn't too shabby.

A special shoutout to my crews, who made this possible, thank you. And to the organizers for a job well done. The biggest takeaway from this event would be that I've learnt to not take winning (or losing) too seriously. I've still got a looooong way to go, but hey, baby steps.

And considering that ultimately, to me, sailing is a hobby - something that I enjoy doing, it isn't something that I want to make into a career or say become a professional sailor, my own expectations have become more realistic, and that has made it much easier and clear cut about my goals and direction.


Work was mainly catching up on stuff, and we finally swapped our ancient desktops to sleek looking laptops. Exciting! Now I just need to figure out how to organize my table and what goes where and where goes what.

Will you journey with me?

Exciting days ahead.. =)

No comments: