Thursday, July 15

Chiang Mai

Since the photos decided to place themselves in reverse order, so be it. You'll just have to tune your mind to the order in which I am writing this post.

Don't worry, it's easy reading :)

A few things to sum it up first.
  1. Chiang Mai is hot during this time of the year, don't forget to drink lots of water and bring comfortable attire, forget the glam. Time for some natural glow I'd say.

  2. Forget the Zoo when you're in CM - short for Chiang Mai lah okay?. I was told how awesome it was and everything by almost everyone I spoke to in CM but it turned out to be a total waste of my time. Opt for the Night Safari instead, awesome!

  3. Shopping. While my purpose of the trip was not for this, if yours is however, pack real light, you'll be buying stuff and before you know it, you'll have a luggage too full for your own good. Not that the shopping was great but if you're a shopper, you will get stuff. If you know what I mean.

  4. Bring candies when you visit the hill tribes, the kids are bound to be happy to see you.

  5. I don't know if it is typical for tourist to go to a travel agent when visiting CM but we did and I think in a way, it is probably easier and simpler than trying to figure your way around town and having to haggle with tuk tuk / song thiao drivers.
Reliving childhood moments @ the playground in the gardens of The Imperial Mae Ping.

Heng, the Crocs has traveled quite a bit. From the States to Malaysia and now to Thailand.

Only because I look pretty. No other reason.

Chances are, all the tours you take, they will bring you to the orchid farm. Meaning to say, if today you took tour A (say visiting elephants), they will inform you that you will be dropping by the Orchid Farm. And tmr you take tour B (visiting Hill Tribes), they will again drop by the Orchid Farm.

Personally, I don't understand their fascination with the Orchid Farm but I guess simply put, it happens to be on the way to everything you do in CM.

Cute kid(s) at the Hill Tribe Village

Baby White Tiger @ the Night Safari, so cute!


That's it I guess! :)

No comments: