Friday, July 16

Being 22

I posted not too long ago about turning 22. And I very simply mentioned that there isn't any significant difference about aging (no offence to those who may feel offended with my choice of words).

Well, it occurred to me that while I grow a year older each year, to me, it is simply growing up and becoming a better person, I hope!

But to them, it may be a whole different story.

By them, I am referring to my parents, particularly. And of course also included the people who have watched me grow from the little cute thing to who I am today.

I wonder what crosses their mind when they look at me today and see a 22 year old Ai Li as compared to the Ai Li who was still in her diapers.

I wonder if I have become the person they once thought I would be or have I diverted from what was expected of me. And assuming if I have gone in a different direction as expected, am I still the same, per se?

Wonders.

2 comments:

Ong Khong Shing, Sean said...

you re doing fine, just dun get so heavier than me!!

Ai said...

-__- // thanks!