Thursday, February 11

Easily Influenced, Easily Pleased

Today, I woke up when my alarm rang at 7am, determined to start my day on time, but didn't have the physical willpower to climb out of bed until 15 minutes later.

 Today, I had a combination of Reese's chocolate peanut butter spread with Singapore's version of Gardenia Milk Bread (supposedly enhanced with calcium) with my Moccona 3in1 Vanilla Latte mix. #decadance

Today, I first learnt how crowded the subway is during peak hours in the morning to get to work. Considering I used to live just across from my workplace up until a week ago and hadn't had the need to go into the office at 9am till today.

Today, I also learnt that the free shuttle from the Bedok MRT leaves for the office at 8.40am and not at 8.55am, as I was hopefully assuming.

Today, I re-learnt that I am most peckish when I have work to get done but not sure how to get started.

Today, I saw my own full body reflection in the sliding glass doors on my way to a meeting that I really look quite plump for my height. Either that or my skinny jeans should be thrown into the bin.

Today, I decided to take a walk around the MRT at Raffles Place, the very same one I usually just walk in and out of without much interest, to look for dinner and hopefully discover a gem or two.

Today, I walked into a Daiso-like Japanese shop that sold miscellaneous things, and I was tempted to buy some room slippers, an additional mat for my bedroom and some instant Bibimbap.

Today, I was totally enamoured by the instant Bibimbap that I ended up back at a Korean stall in the food court ordering exactly just that, after having forcibly turn myself away twice having seen the price. It was $8. I did get brown rice though.

Today, I realized if I had an interesting storybook (yeah, I know I am not a teenager anymore but who cares) to read during my commute, the distance really hardly bothers me.

Today, I realized that my Ezlink card was charged $1.95 one way. That means, to-and-fro my office, it could easily be $4 a day! So much for saving on transportation costs. Traveling cost estimation. #fail

Today, I am find myself sitting on the floor (on my carpet) because the floor is cold and I've not showered, and with the fan off, because I am cold.

I sure hope this is not a sign of me falling ill!!

No comments: