Monday, February 18

Office Talk

I'm not keen to share about work too much, simply because work is work. But I've been spending a significant amount of my time at work lately that, it's really all I have to talk about.

Colleague X said, "You're sweet.."

Colleague Y said, "When you first came, I didn't think I'd like you very much. But now that we've got some interaction with you, I like your style. You're good."

Colleague Z said, "How's work so far? You look like you're enjoying it!"

But I bet there are also times where I get comments behind my back, or maybe even to my face, but why remember the bad when it's better to remember the good instead?

 I just need to remind myself that I'm not here to please anyone. I'm here to do a job, and to do it right. And I certainly don't need everyone to like me.

It's okay.

No comments: